• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

any Speedmaster reps with domed crystals?

sesshin

Horology Curious
7/7/10
I've been looking at Speedmaster reps on a number of sites, and they all seem to have flat crystals. IMO one of the nicest aspects of the Speedmaster is the dome of the crystal.

Are there any reps that have this? or at least come close to approximating it?

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
what specific speedmaster model were you looking for?

Five of Clubs

Renowned Member
18/2/10
what specific speedmaster model were you looking for?

Markh actually has a Speedmaster with a domed crystal. I know because I had two of them and sold him one. (By the way, he was great to deal with).

I think I read somewhere that the 21J versions have the more correct crystal, but the versions with better movements have flat ones. IIRC, Fakemaster did a big writeup about Speedys and mentioned it there.

Here is a picture I took a while back of my Speedmaster Moon to show someone what a PO bracelet looks like on a Speedy. It shows the crystal pretty well.

100_2218.jpg

100_2219.jpg

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Sorry 5. It wasn't getting ANY wrist time so, sadly, I sent it on to a better home and replaced it with a Seamaster. I actually wish I had it back though... It was nice.

You were great to deal with as well by the way... A testament to the membership.