• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Seamaster 007 with the 2892 movt still available?

desoxyRNS

Horology Curious
4/10/06
Hey guys, I am looking for a Seamaster, with or without 007 engravings, with the 2892 movement, as it is supposed to be the closest to the genuine as there is in the replica world. At least it should be a lot smoother than the 2824 or 2836. Am I correct?

Where can I find this watch? Most big dealers only carry the 2824 versions as far as I can tell.

Many thanks :wink:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Hi there! This watch has been discountinued more than a year ago. It's pretty hard to get this replica, brand new condition. You may wish to take a look at FOR SALE section regularly to see whether any members are willing to part with their collections. You may also post it up at WTB section.

Panama

10/9/06
Hello desox,

Because of accuracy I was looking out for a Seamaster with 2892/2893 (Omega Calibre 1120) too, but couldn`t find.

You should consider that the price for a 2892 SMP would be much higher. In case of need for spare parts you would be reminded to this fact again.

Anyway, you can take a 2824-moved without any doubt. It`s a good movement from the same manufacturer (ETA).
I also have some 2824-powered watches and never had a problem.

Talking about SMP I think there are some more obvious flaws than the movement.
Just take a look at By-Tor`s COMPLETE OMEGA SMP "Bond" replica-guide here in the Omega-Forum, its a must-read.

BTW:
Compared to an atomic watch my 2824-powered Seamaster has a deviation of less than 2 seconds per day, this is more than accurate to the CHRONOMETER-Print on the dial and worth Chronometer-Certificate...

Think I`m gonna send it to the COSC to make it up... :)