• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any news on 42 PO 5th/6th gen? about time...

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
Any news on 42.5mm PO 5th/6th generation? It's about time, no? How do these things work at GZ anyway? Is there like a request box for them or something??? I mean... how hard would it be to make a smaller version of UPO with omega logo with the feet straight?!?!

TripleHD

Renowned Member
15/3/06
The 4th gen of the PO has the correct symbol - but it was the spacing that was the issue. It's an easy fix. The only thing the 42 version needed was a better pearl.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
the crown is also wrong, in addition to a gap between the head and bracelet, along with flimsy clasp.

Anyone know of any news?

ryaku

3/4/06
Yep, 4th gen needs better logo position, pearl, ar coating and bracelet (there's a big gap near the first link).
I sold mine and i regretted......just hope we'll see a better version in short time.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, I have to agree that there's a couple of flaws on 4th gen PO. Bracelet gap (lug and watch case) is not a problem on my piece. Fixable by just replacing the springbar. Clasp is not that accurate but close enough. Another thing missing on this rep is the serial number on the watch case (near the lug). Every gen PO comes with this engraved serial number. Crown is also totally wrong but He valve is pretty close. Well, I doubt they will come up with 6th gen. This replica is already very good and selling pretty well too.

PS: I think I got what you mean... the gap is between clasp and link. Fixable by genuine rubber strap/genuine clasp.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
One of the dealers told me that the 4th gen PO is no longer manufactured, and that the ones available are it. This leads me to think that eventually another generation has to start... anyone know to the contrary?

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
takashi said:
Well, I have to agree that there's a couple of flaws on 4th gen PO. Bracelet gap (lug and watch case) is not a problem on my piece. Fixable by just replacing the springbar. Clasp is not that accurate but close enough. Another thing missing on this rep is the serial number on the watch case (near the lug). Every gen PO comes with this engraved serial number. Crown is also totally wrong but He valve is pretty close. Well, I doubt they will come up with 6th gen. This replica is already very good and selling pretty well too.

PS: I think I got what you mean... the gap is between clasp and link. Fixable by genuine rubber strap/genuine clasp.

My black 4th gen PO has the serial number on the watch case.

Maybe it's a gen!! :lol:

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
I didnt know that the 4th gen PO had the correct logo? when i got mine before i sold it off, it had the little legs on the omega symbol.

the things i noticed that were different from my gen were:

pearl
logo spacing (and logo legs)
slight difference in case width
bezel size difference
AR
serial number
the gap between the SEL and bracelet link next to it
(mine had no gap between the bracelet links and clasp tho)
clasp doesnt snap shut properly all the time
loose divers extension (but that's an easy fix for anyone)

most are really small differences only a WIS would know, i think the important ones are:
AR
Pearl
and that gap on the SEL to link.
and Logo (but someone mentioned it was fine so maybe not)

laxdef10

Horology Curious
6/5/07
I sure hope a new one is coming. Hopefully we'll have a UPO and a 42mm UPO+ :)

T@H

Horology Curious
8/10/07
If you where to buy a new one or a first one knowing what you all know now....and you could have access to the 4rth gen and other availbale models what would you do?

Would you just buy a UPO and live with a bigger watch or would you wait on the possibility of a new version?

Or would you buy the 4rth gen and mocve on?

I only ask as my sister is thinking of the 4rth gen for her hubby for his B-day,,,which is Jan 9...her luck.

I'll be ordering but i'd like all your opinions on what i should tell her. (His wrists are on the smaller side not that I would know :(

Thanks..wishing all a wonderful holiday season!!!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
Well, the 4th Gen PO is the best 42mm PO out right now. You will not find any that is better than that. The UPO is the BEST of the PO line because it matches it well.

There are still minor flaws to the 4th gen from the Gen, but they are quite small. If the hubby is a stickler for details, then he might prefer a Genuine. You can easily tell the rep if you are a WIS by looking at the AR and the pearl.

I guess in the end:

Do you know if the hubby really really wants a 42mm PO. If so, then might as well go GEN. If you dont know, then a rep is good to go for him trying out. If he likes it and wants to keep it, there you go? if he likes it but wants to upgrade, then it was a good trial investment? if he doesnt like it,then you saved yourself a lot of moolah not buying the gen :)

If his wrists are on the smaller side, he may feel the ultimate is too big.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
the thing is... the 4th gen I've been told are virtually all gone, as the factories don't make them anymore.

Unless I'm wrong; please enlighten me.

ra-man1234

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/07
I got my 4th gen from Josh a few weeks ago, and at the time he was the only one that had it. I contacted a bunch of other dealers and they were all out. Despite the "flaws", I love mine. It is hard to see the flaws unless you're really looking for them.