• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

any Jules Audemars Globe fans? Thinking of getting this rep

erockz

Known Member
7/4/21
I looked all over and saw no one review this one, I think like this one better then my royal oak AP rep.

erockz

Known Member
7/4/21
pretty sure it is a long time ago discontinued watch…
yeah it is! Im upset because I really like it, I have a royal oak rep its ok, but I need to stick out and be different, I feel like anyone can buy my royal oak but not everyone can buy the globe. Oh well. thanks for the reply the TD said the same thing so if anyone else is wondering the watch is gone

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
yeah it is! Im upset because I really like it, I have a royal oak rep its ok, but I need to stick out and be different, I feel like anyone can buy my royal oak but not everyone can buy the globe. Oh well. thanks for the reply the TD said the same thing so if anyone else is wondering the watch is gone
When someone think “Audemars Piguet”, it will be the Royal Oaks and Offshores which come to mind first, and not even the code 11.59 which AP has been trying to shove down the world’s throat as a “resoundingly successful” product line.
So yes while there are the Jules Audemars and Millenary and code 11.59 lines, and their own fans, these watches will not find mainstream popularity status relative to the ROs and ROOs. If you like the watch, it is good in a way that you won’t be wearing what a lot of people do, but the watch itself is also a poor replica of the genuine in terms of the dial markers, the relative date window position, the case material, and other flaws. So don’t need to be “upset” in that you didn’t miss out on a 1:1 gem which was available before but isn’t anymore. When you enter the hobby in these few years, a lot of watches aren’t available anymore. But the good news is that you get new and generally better ones which were not available before. Such is the nature of the hobby so don’t fret over it.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
When someone think “Audemars Piguet”, it will be the Royal Oaks and Offshores which come to mind first, and not even the code 11.59 which AP has been trying to shove down the world’s throat as a “resoundingly successful” product line.
So yes while there are the Jules Audemars and Millenary and code 11.59 lines, and their own fans, these watches will not find mainstream popularity status relative to the ROs and ROOs.

While i massively quote what you wrote, is the 'lack' of mainstream popularity than makes them COOL , in my humble opinion.

But there is another AP line which is rarely considered, apart of the Jules Audemars.

It is the awesome and fantastic Edward Piguet

edward_piguet_chrono_rose_gold_(pvKT).jpg

64654_MAIN_2556.jpg

Wonderful !

Reactions: pam63C and legend