• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

any good speedmaster date reps?

olegd710

Looking Around
15/12/09
Hey guys,
I am new to the rep community, however I own a genuine Speedmaster date. I want to purchase an identical rep of this watch (I have the steel/black dial, but wouldn't mind the white dial either). Do you know if there are any good reps? If none of the speedmaster date's are available, then perhaps you can point to a good speedmaster professional?

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
the speedmaster is a pretty accurate representation of the gen. obviously it is not 1:1

pic.php

perhaps you can do a side by side if you buy a rep? :)

most of the dealers here should be able to get one for you.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
The current Speedy Date reps are the best right now, almost all our dealers have them. Having the gen, why would you want the rep?

roby69

Renowned Member
10/9/09
Speedmaster reps are excellent, I had one black and I've exchanged with a white/black

and a very nice blue day/date, all the complications runs great, here some pics:

speedmasterdateblack08.jpg

speedmasterdateblack06.jpg

OmegaSpeedmasterwhiteblack2.jpg

Speeddaydateblue3b.jpg

Speeddaydatebluecatalog1.jpg

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I've always wondered why people always want the Speedy Pro rep with so many good auto Speedy reps out there. Baffles me completely. I love that Panda Speedy Roby, nice shots!

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
As everyone else has already said, you have chosen a very good rep. Apparently the most accurate one is the retro version, as it was the gen used for the replication (see pic). But they are all damn good! The only thing that gave the rep away to me when I put it next to the gen was the crystal... The AR wasn't quite right.

image_calculate.php

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
The 'feet' on the Omega symbol are also a hit and miss, some have 'happy feet' [inaccurate] and some don't [accurate].

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
The 'feet' on the Omega symbol are also a hit and miss, some have 'happy feet' [inaccurate] and some don't [accurate].

That's right... And actually I think all the date reps have the clown feet, while the day date have the correct flat feet. Unless someone has seen any date reps with flat feet?

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
standard asian datefont needs to be upgraded too if we're talking about flaws.

rooster, whats the color of the AR on the gen like compared to the rep? rep too blue?

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
rooster, whats the color of the AR on the gen like compared to the rep? rep too blue?

It's not a question of tint, I don't think... Perhaps just nonexistent AR on the rep... The gen crystal just looks different immediately. I gave one of mine a double AR. It helps a lot. Here are some examples. Sorry for the lousy pics...

Rep with standard (no?) AR:

om3.jpg

Another unmodded rep:

om4.jpg

Gen (the pic is perhaps too crap to notice it, but the crystal is much clearer due to the single AR coating on the inside):

om2.jpg

And here's a rep with double AR:

om1.jpg

So the double AR is probably overkill, but although the gen is still a bit reflective, it's not as dull as the reps with no double AR.

standard asian datefont needs to be upgraded too if we're talking about flaws.

Yes, and the font is a lot worse on the quartz versions. The 7750 are close enough IMO.

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
quite noticeable. the dial is definately clearer on the gen than on the 2 unmodded reps. the double sided AR looks bloody awesome even if its not gen like :p

cheers for the pics mate!

tangle

5/8/09
UK
i just bought a Day Date from Precious Time and the quality of the watch is very good, all the complications work, however my bracelet was broken but I am sure I will get a replacement.

Does any one know about the accuracy of the 6 o'clock chrono dial counting hours. Mine has markers for 12,3,6,9 and half incremental markers which equate to 1 1/2, 4 1/2, 7 1/2 and 10 1/2. this is clearly shown on Rudy69's images. Is this a flaw or did the gen ever come with this dial, it is odd as other omega reps have the correct dial with individual hour markers.

Also my GMT hand is lumed and solid rather than the one shown. Sorry no pictures yet until this weekend.

I am thinking of pairing this to a leather strap, but it appears to take a 19mm strap, has anyone used a leather strap and can point me in the correct direction for a deployant or omega buckle. I can get 19mm strap tapering to 18mm is this the standard size for an omega deployant ?

thanks

tangle

XysteR

Looking Around
6/1/10
I'm wondering what the best option is, have AR coating done? Is it easy to remove the crystal from these? Would a gen crystal fit? Probably pricey though. I'm gonna take a look for gen to rep comparisons...