• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Antiagnetic / Dust cover for SMP

auslander

18/2/11
Does anyone know where I can find the antimagnetic/dust cover for the SMP? I'm rebuilding one and didn't get one in the case I ordered from Ofrei, apparently they dont carry that particular part, or I listed the incorrect part...

Also, the antimagnetic cover in the REP UPO's wont allow fit of a gen PO caseback!! Has anyone had any experience with this? I think i found a $25 part on Ofrei but I've been jumping the gun a lot lately and wanted to see if anyone had any feedback. I'm dying to finish putting together my New Old Stock Custom SMP.

svenkramer

22/1/11
Leave it out? I don't have the thing in 90% of my watches and they are fine...

auslander

18/2/11
I think 098FE0028 is the part number for the SMP. The UPO has a dust cover part number of 096FE0041 but the fake caseback is sloped incorrectly in the inside of the case allowing for that part. The antimagnetic /dust cover for the UPO is too domed to fit the genuine caseback. Has noone seen this issue?

ok, is there any negative effect to not having it in? what if i decided to take it to an AD for repairs? wonder if they would flip that a part is missing.

remember i'm essentially building genuines from new parts

SwissOmega

19/5/10
I think 098FE0028 is the part number for the SMP. The UPO has a dust cover part number of 096FE0041 but the fake caseback is sloped incorrectly in the inside of the case allowing for that part. The antimagnetic /dust cover for the UPO is too domed to fit the genuine caseback. Has noone seen this issue?

ok, is there any negative effect to not having it in? what if i decided to take it to an AD for repairs? wonder if they would flip that a part is missing.

remember i'm essentially building genuines from new parts

Do not take it to an AD.... Period.

auslander

18/2/11
why, are they going to call 'the man' on me? I see nothing wrong with taking a genuine watch a part and moving the parts around as i see fit (as long as they fit) The only reason I'd bring it into an AD is to ask questions that I cant get online or to order parts (which I've done in the past with no issue).

whats the hang up?

especially seeing how i bought these two watches from this AD lol they havent seemed to care much

SwissOmega

19/5/10
why, are they going to call 'the man' on me? I see nothing wrong with taking a genuine watch a part and moving the parts around as i see fit (as long as they fit) The only reason I'd bring it into an AD is to ask questions that I cant get online or to order parts (which I've done in the past with no issue).

whats the hang up?

especially seeing how i bought these two watches from this AD lol they havent seemed to care much

It brings unneeded attention to the hobby. Don't care to go into it when this has been said many times before.

Read through this thread for the basic gist of why you don't ever take a rep to an AD. Franken or not it doesn't matter, unless you swap 100% gen parts just don't do it.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...ler-64907?t=64907&highlight=authorized+dealer

Otherwise for your own enjoyment, you don't need the anti-magnetic cover the watch will work just fine without it.

Oh but if you are hell bent on getting the cover, could also check cousins site, they are UK based and have lots of gen parts, not positive if they will have it but it is work a look.

auslander

18/2/11
the watches I have brought to my AD were Omegas I purchased there and have subsequently purchases bezels, hands and bracelets from them as well as having questions answered about various other parts. I do have reps but I own them to take apart so I dont break my genuine watches. So, Yes, these have 100% genuine parts (to begin with)

I buy the reps to better understand how my watches work so i can work on them myself. I dont care what 'attention' that brings me considering how much dough I've dumped in Swatches pocket! LOL

I switch out bezels and bracelets on my Planet Ocean all the time. And that doesnt seem to bother anyone!

but thanks, I'll check CousinsUK for the part!

svenkramer

22/1/11
Brave work taking your gens apart:) I can't see any harm taking them to the AD...

auslander

18/2/11
Thanks, Well I've made a couple of blunders here and there but its not that bad if you have a reference (and a steady hand). I wont touch the cal 2500 but the cal 1120 isn't as bad. I'm taking the BHI watchmakers course in my spare time which helps of course. I've broken a couple ETA's! Fascinating little machines wristwatches are; beautiful up close.