• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another question on Omega PO

lockwood1

Horology Curious
14/10/06
Hello guys :
I was checking trustytime and Andrew has this PO,
this model use Asian auto 21J anyone can tell me a little bit more
info on that movement? Since the other version uses swiss auto
not exactly swiss I guess but for 118 bucks I think it's pretty
cool

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
lockwood1 said:
Hello guys :
I was checking trustytime and Andrew has this PO,
this model use Asian auto 21J anyone can tell me a little bit more
info on that movement? Since the other version uses swiss auto
not exactly swiss I guess but for 118 bucks I think it's pretty
cool

The asian 21j got a bad rep a little while back. But the Chinese keep refining this and now it is considered a reliable movement. You can get a bad one on occasion. But very rarely have I seen anyone post problems with trhis movement. Trusty has great stuff and gives great customer service before and after the sale. I would say jump on it. Buy with confidence. These are better in person than any picture can show....Sounds like a great deal. If you just have to have the swiss.....pay the extra. The swiss movement will likely be the ETA 2836-2 movement. And push the price above $200.....

Higgy 8)

qwert750

Horology Curious
28/7/06
I'll leave the discussion of movements to the experts, and you may already be aware of this, but I would note that the movement is not the only difference between the $118 and $248 version. $118 has "synthetic sapphire" while the $248 has "sapphire with AR". While it could just be the pictures, the orange bezel on the $118 looks "off". There is also issues of logo placement, etc.

Not trying to discourage you by any means, just want to make sure you were aware of the other differences...