• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another noob with questions about the UPO

QuickSilver

Horology Curious
5/2/09
I have been reading over the past couple weeks or so about the 45mm UPO, and while I have learned a lot, there are some questions I could not find answers to. 1. On By-Tor's guide to omegas, he says:

Some orange dial reps (if not all of them) have crooked Omega logos... which means the logo isn't standing straight on the dial. Crooked 12' and 6' hour markers and faulty winding crowns (that don't screw in properly) are common problems with this particular rep model.

Is this still true? I was planning on ordering a orange one from daytona, however if the orange ones have this flaw I might switch to black. I also read several reviews on the upo's saying that even between the upo's there are "good" and "bad" ones. I tried to find more info on the subtle differences between the upo's but could only find 1. Any input?

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Some of the logos were crooked by 1/8 of a millimeter,, just a hair..
No problems with winding..

I did not do an analysis on the position of 6 and 12 but I can tell you this, the factory has redone this dial at least 2 times since bytor made his review (If the review was done late 06 early 07) I would wager that of the 150+ that were sold, someone would have chimed in on these issues if they were issues.

Y8T8

Known Member
20/11/08
The one I received (black bezel) from D4M do not appear to have these problems as noted. I can't see the orange bezel model being any different.

I have not taken to measuring everything but from an overall view of the dial the problems mentioned aren't there.

You will be happy with the one you get from D4M, I am sure.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
The problem with these is the 'winder' not the winder. They are long and there are no CGs. What happens is many people push them in, often from the time set position and then torque it like they are putting a spare tire on a truck. This crossthreads the stem.

Makes me wonder what you do to your ladies. :eek: :shock:

zedd

Known Member
4/7/08
Some quick dirty shots for your comparison

color.jpg

P1000279.jpg

Personally, the flaws don't bother me much. I know buying reps, they are never 100%. I believe the white numbers with black bezel is the most accurate one. Correct me if I'm wrong. Do note that the gen is the 42mm version