• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Modded AP project

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Here we go, I got this watch about 3 weeks ago, my friend Domi put a Eta 7750 movement in it and modded the missing jewel.I am not posting any pics about it, by you should now what he did. My friend Uwe did the crystal with AR. I have a spare dial which is relaxing in sunny Florida and waiting for a lume job. Until I will get it, I can live with the rep lume, it is not so bad. So here are the pics, there are so many reviews about this watch that I am not writing anything.

Enjoy the pics and don't get wet pants.

APRubber008.jpg

APRubber009.jpg

APRubber013.jpg

APRubber016.jpg

APRubber018.jpg

APRubber021.jpg

APRubber022.jpg

APRubber024.jpg

APRubber029.jpg

APRubber030.jpg

and wrist shot

APRubber007.jpg

for detail, send me a PM.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
don't get your pants wet :lol: easy for you to say.
congrats on yet another wonderful watch.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Wow this looks freaking shweeeeet!

I hope you don't mind me asking but I think you missed out to say what makes this one a franken. I mean what parts on it are gen AP parts? And PLEASE share your source!!! Finding gen AP parts is practically impossible and you're freaking lucky to get whatever you got!!! Was it eBay?

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Q, if he tells you he has to kill you after...
Nice to see you developed a taste for the AP's Dieter :)
Is this the 4th you got in the collection?

/J

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
QQ, you brought up a point, only the rubber bracelet is gen, the movement is ETA which is not
Franken, so I will change the title to modded AP ...without Franken...BTW, I have the gen dial of this watch, got it from ebay for 400 Euro, but it needs another movement, the date is not centered. So ebay is the right choice.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
QQ, you brought up a point, only the rubber bracelet is gen, the movement is ETA which is not
Franken, so I will change the title to modded AP ...without Franken...BTW, I have the gen dial of this watch, got it from ebay for 400 Euro, but it needs another movement, the date is not centered. So ebay is the right choice.

If you ask me you can leave the title as franken. It's about as good as it can get and if you manage to sort out the dial and put it on, this will be one of the greatest AP builds!!! How do you reckon you can solve that issue. Is the only solution a gen AP movement?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
QQ, a 40 jewel Baume Mercier movement, modified ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module will resolve the date issue, I have one of these movement and will use it for another AP project, using a dial which is grey with black subdials and a red 8. Coming soon.......

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
WOW!!! Hurry up will ya?

I see you got a thing for APs. I always thought you were an HBB guy

QQ, a 40 jewel Baume Mercier movement, modified ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module will resolve the date issue, I have one of these movement and will use it for another AP project, using a dial which is grey with black subdials and a red 8. Coming soon.......

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Yes, HBB and AP..............

and here is the dial which will go in that Franken project, working on the hands at the moment......

APDial003.jpg

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
hmm gen rubber, and the black themes you have has a gen leather AP strap if I remember correct?? are they easy to come by, or is your cousin the CEO of AP? :)

Known Member
10/1/10
I have the very same Ap to Domi for a full spa treatment,as for the gen dial you dont have to use another
movement,there is on RWG a tread on moding the DW to fit a gen dial.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I have the very same Ap to Domi for a full spa treatment,as for the gen dial you dont have to use another
can you possibly find a link to that thread? - I assume you are referring to rwg jr.?
that sounds interessting...

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Very nice, if my movement fails i will get an ETA put in while have gear mod done.

Need to get AR swiftly!!!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06

if you cannot post it, it is a joke, I have 2 gen dials but Domi is not able to use them with this movement. You better tell us or I tell Domi to work on your watch next year.