• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another 'Is this correct' with a twist.

2poor4real1z

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/7/08
I was looking at some gen DJ pics to find out if my dial is correct. Its a silver jubilee dial with diamond makers. Under the 6 marker it says simply SWISS and not swiss made. Well all the Jubilee dials I found has SWISS MADE on them so I think mine is incorrect in that respect until I found this.... It has SWISS under the 6 like mine, but... Now I might just be a noob and sharing old news with you guys, but this one isn't as bad as the Gaytona but it sure does come close.
http://www.bernardwatch.com/watch/RLX3661

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Ah yes. The famous "Is Wayne Brady Gonna Have to Smack a Bitch" Datejust from Rolex's new "Pimps N' Hoes" line. When you absolutely, positively have got to smack a bitch with style.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
well, here's the deal with a dd or dj. there are sooooooo many of them that have been redialed for one reason or another with aftermarket dials and added aftermarket diamond bezels is you can't call one them out on those things alone. dd's and dj's are like the aftermarket world for automobiles. allot of the people that buy these want to personalize them and the rolex purists hate it but it doesn't make it a different watch. it is still a rolex only better in the owners opinion.

it's like buying a 911 porsche and sending it to ruff to totally dismantled and rebuilt to their specs. they will turn it into one of the baddest machines on the planet for a large price. the porsche purists will disown you and the car saying you destroyed it as you slaughter them on the track with it, showing them their stock purist car is actually a slow piece of shit in comparison. lol :lol:

is the original better? it's one of those eye of the beholder things. :D

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
HK, I hate to break it to you, but you are very, very wrong, and that Zebra thing is very, very gen. I saw one in an AD this weekend, in fact (yes, it was sitting next to the Gaytona). And those pictures really don't do it justice. The dial has white and black diamonds, the true awfulness of which you need to see in person to appreciate.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
yes, i know it is a gen, i was talking about his original question about "swiss made" or just "swiss". that dj is nothing compared to the most expensive rolex to date. check this out, it is 100% genuine rolex and is a cool 250,000.00. they making 10 of them i think and it took their master diamond setter 1 year to make it working 8 hours a day 5 days a week. it is flawless, what do you think those triangle diamonds in the bezel cost? lol

this watch doesn't say "swiss' anywhere on the outside of it. :shock:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.p ... t=iced+gmt

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
gaytona.JPG

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
Fakey, that pic brought a tear to my eye. My grail watch in all its glory... only thing missing is MY wrist. [smilie=love4.gif]

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

...I think the wrongest thing with the Datejust "Royal Black" is that rubber strap.
It´s just wrong in all the ways I could imagine, being a rubber strap, in a Rolex, even more with diamonds. Just doesn´t fit at all.

When I first saw these upcoming 2008 models of Rolex (I saw then in the middle of 2007 +or-) ...I was shocked by these changes, specially at the Datejust line of models. But now a days I think I have got a little bit more used to it - but even so, I still don´t like this "Royal Black" Datejust.
The one I like the most is the Yellow Gold Datejust with Leather strap. that one looks cool for me.

Like this one, but in Yellow Gold instead of White Gold:
RLX3658f.jpg

...But on the other hand, I think I couldn´t wear the Datejust wit the Green Wavy Dial.. [smilie=alien.gif]

Cheers,
Spirit.