• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And so it is time . . .

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
It's that one month of the year where Trailie has one single iota of interest in bicycles. Yup, it's Tour De France time!
The ultimate battle of man vs the landscape, these guys are not human they are superhuman and this is the best month of TV ever as mear mortals do shiit no mear moratl should be able to do.
I have no greater respect for sportsmen than I do for these guys, what they do over 28 odd days is beyond comprehension and we also get the best scenery imaginable as a backdrop.

I'm going to follow the Tour one year if it's the last thing I do, me and doggo in a camper doing the Euro right of passage journey that most Aussies do but I replaced with tours of (highly paid and unofficial) duty in warzones instead. It's a month-long party on wheels, maybe next year . . .

You don't have to be a cycling fan to enjoy watching the tour (I hate the things) because it's so much more than "just" a bike race. it's a show of incredible endurance and strength and the most spectacular travelogue on earth. Give it a go, seriously.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I'll follow the Tour de France on the TV ... and in real 15th of July as it will pass about 30kms from Lyon where I live ...
If any member here is near Lyon at the same date I'll be happy to have a watch/cycle meeting and share a drink ...

heska

Renowned Member
Supporter
29/11/17
I always love that time of the year when le tour is on french TV. I just let the TV on and do my thing around the house and the office. I love how calm and peacefull it is most of the time in contrast with the harshness of the efforts the guys are experiencing

Albiful

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/22
YAY! Part time cyclist and 10k Everester here, although I'm from the land of the Giro :)
Can't wait for stage 11 which includes Col de Granon, one of my favourite climbs. That's going to be an epic climbing day :devil_2:

Kappa1911

As a realist, you must give me the watch.
Patron
Certified
31/5/22
CONUS
Many moons ago was GM of a restaurant that the tour de California passed through. I would say it’s absolutely amazing how fast they are moving on those bikes. Truly special to see a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk