• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Amazing $11 SuperOcean homage

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
I just had to post this here. I found this on AliExpress for $11.00 shipped to the US. The pics were a bit too good to be true, but the early reviews appeared to be solid. This arrived in the US in just 8 days:

It's obviously an "homage" to the 44mm version of the current SuperOcean. Every aspect of this watch is so much better than it has any right to be at $11 that I can't come up with adequate words to describe it. If you think the Endurance Pro rep is a bargain at $20, this is off the charts. Obviously, it has a quartz movement, the crystal is mineral glass (some sellers claim "hardlex," but I doubt it) and the bezel insert is a matte black aluminum rather than the polished ceramic the gen uses. Not so obvious is the fact that the bezel does not rotate - it's a 1-piece case. That's where the nitpicking must end. The case appears to be steel (some sellers claim "alloy" but I'm not sure), the finish all around is very good, the hands and dial are correct, and the applied markers on the dial are perectly aligned. The dial, hands and lume pip are all lumed, all in a consistent green color, and while far from Swiss quality, the lume quality is certainly better than the lume on, say, an Invicta 8926.

Then there's the rubber strap. No, it's not FKM. It appeares to be silicone. It's a bit too tacky and it does collect dust, but it is incredibly soft, very comfortable, and surprisingly long - it would probably fit a 10" wrist! It even has the quick release spring bars, which make swapping the strap a breeze. There are plenty of US-based micro brands (Aragon and Deep Blue come to mind) selling a strap of this quaility for more than DOUBLE what I paid for this entire watch.

I have no idea how even the Chinese can a make a watch this good for this little money, ship it to the US in 8 days for free, and still turn a profit. All they need to do now is improe some of the details, slap the correct Breitling markings on it and we'll have a cheaper NWBIG rep anyone could ever have imagined!

Here are few of the advertising photos/renderings taken from AliExpress, just to show the other colors and features:

It also appears that another Chinese brand has a similar homage coming. Taken from AliExpress:

The inclusion of a date window is unfortunate, but the strap design is a step closer to the gen. It will be interesting to see live photos of this one.

Reactions: Karbon74

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Awesome! care to share the ali link? I guess they're probably all over ali and I'll look now. It's interesting that I just came across the brand Curren along with SKMIE in a 2016 post I saw today. I knew of skmie but didn't know these had been around that long. I had the blue and black TF versions but always wanted to try the turquoise and orange but didn't want to commit to the full fledged versions just for dial colors, especial TF reps. For 11.00!?! Count me in for Orange, Turquoise and Green! Going by the pics the watch definitely has "the look" of the Superoceans for a bargin.

Last edited:

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
it's pretty amazing. I was going to put it on an FKM Breitling strap, but I haven't even bothered yet.

Tons of sellers have these, but if you look at the link to the "Choice" sale on the homepage for this week's 11.11 sale, there is one seller that is offering the Orange and the Green for just $4.72 each! Limit is one per person, and you need to have a total of $10 in these "Choice" category items to get free shipping, but it's well worth doing. I created a 2nd account to get one of each, along with other straps, bracelets and cheap crap quartz watches!

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
it's pretty amazing. I was going to put it on an FKM Breitling strap, but I haven't even bothered yet.

Tons of sellers have these, but if you look at the link to the "Choice" sale on the homepage for this week's 11.11 sale, there is one seller that is offering the Orange and the Green for just $4.72 each! Limit is one per person, and you need to have a total of $10 in these "Choice" category items to get free shipping, but it's well worth doing. I created a 2nd account to get one of each, along with other straps, bracelets and cheap crap quartz watches!

I was impatient and just bought. Could have save 12.00. Looking forward to these. Would make good stocking stuffers too.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
The AOCASDIY version is now on sale for $7.50 on Ali through "Y51 WATCH Store." One of the reviews mentions that the bezel does rotate on that version and there is a customer photo to confirm that.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Really cool that it rotates! At least the AOCASIDY. Amazing for just 7.50!!!! And they have the gold and green. I saw they have Endurance Pro homages. And a bunch of others for real cheap.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Mine arrived. Pretty good for only 11.00. The straps are actually quite nice. The fact a watch is attached, and a good looking one at that, is all the better. I finally know what the blue and orange Superoceans wear like. They have a screw down case back and feel relatively solid for the price. The dials are quite vibrant semi matte and change when light hits them giving a nice warm radiant look in direct light then very uniform and bold out of direct light. Quite impressed with them. I took these pictures about a minute after opening the box so there is plastic covering the bezels. Thanks for pointing them out @jj69

HMpjwL.jpeg

HMpzVR.jpeg

HMpHi8.jpeg

HMpKCK.jpeg

HMphGv.jpeg

HMpAL1.jpeg

HMpLrj.jpeg

HMpe74.jpeg

HMpU3I.jpeg

Reactions: Got20Mate

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
For $11, this is a great test run to see if you want to even try the $400 "42mm" Super Ocean rep. Crazy how much value can be found now.

Reactions: shinynewbling25