• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Alpha Watch replacement bracelet for gen Speedy Pro?

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Apologies if this has been covered previously...

I'm looking at getting a SS bracelet for my gen Speedy Pro 3873.50 but I don't fancy the hefty £350 + VAT + shipping that Cousins UK are offering. So I have a cunning plan - I was planning on trying this one from Alpha http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=75. Depending on how it fits I was considering getting the OEM clasp from Cousins to swap in.

Has anybody had any experience with the Alpha Speedy bracelets? Do the end links fit nice and snuggly onto the Speedy Pro? Will the OEM clasp swap in okay too?

I was also considering this one http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=837 as a change up for my 2254.50. Too good to be true???

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
My experience with the Alpha bracelets has been they are fairly decent quality.

I have an alpha speedmaster with a smashed glass somewhere which I kept for parts. If you're interested in the bracelet - drop me a PM!

-OW

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Does anyone know if the Alpha Speedy bracelet will accept gen SELs? TIA

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
That's a good question, if it is pins and sleeves (ala gen) then I don't see why the gen endlinks and clasp won't fit, might be a little less rigid than gen but perfectly usable. It's worth a try with the alpha bracelet, if someone can confirm the sleeves etc, imo avoid all bracelets with split pins they are a disaster. An alternative to the alpha would be pick up a price angels quartz speedy, someone confirmed recently that they had pins/sleeves.
Why not look for a 2nd hand gen speedy bracelet, I saw one go recently for £200, expensive but better than new retail. For the gen speedy I'm a bit untrusting of rep omega bracelets.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
That's a good question, if it is pins and sleeves (ala gen) then I don't see why the gen endlinks and clasp won't fit, might be a little less rigid than gen but perfectly usable. It's worth a try with the alpha bracelet, if someone can confirm the sleeves etc, imo avoid all bracelets with split pins they are a disaster. An alternative to the alpha would be pick up a price angels quartz speedy, someone confirmed recently that they had pins/sleeves.
Why not look for a 2nd hand gen speedy bracelet, I saw one go recently for £200, expensive but better than new retail. For the gen speedy I'm a bit untrusting of rep omega bracelets.

Nice idea matey - thanks for the advance but I'm one step ahead of you.

I did indeed buy myself a Price Angels quartz Moony which wasn't half bad. I've been using the bracelet from that as a stop gap and the end links fit reasonably well, but that little bit of play and those small gaps have been annoying me...

View attachment 7437

So I thought I'd get myself some gen SELs at £45 all in. Happy days. Only problems is they won't fit on the PA bracelet - the gap is too small and it won't slide on even with bending and excessive elbow grease.

Ultimately I think you're right - a watch of this calibre deserves a gen bracelet. Where would you suggest I look for a secondhand one in the UK? WUS? eBay???

tracyl

22/4/11
I put a gen speedmaster clasp on my rep bracelet(speedmaster with hand wind ST1902 from Silix) and I had no problems at all. Not sure about the gen SEL's, but I think a gen clasp(about $80) would work on the alpha band.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
I put a gen speedmaster clasp on my rep bracelet(speedmaster with hand wind ST1902 from Silix) and I had no problems at all. Not sure about the gen SEL's, but I think a gen clasp(about $80) would work on the alpha band.

Sweet, I was just about to ask if this had been done. Where did you get the Gen. clasp if you don't mind.

tracyl

22/4/11
I actually lucked out. I was looking for a quartz rep bracelet, and there was someone in the sales section that had put a gen clasp on a quartz rep bracelet. I took it off that and put it on my st19 rep bracelet. It is just pins that need to be removed like a regular link. I think I bought the bracelet and gen clasp for $70, so got really lucky. It closes and opens like butter. Very good feel, and now my rep feels more gen on the wrist.

Just so you know, there is a difference between the quartz rep speedy bracelet and the st19 rep speedy bracelet. The latter is much closer to gen and the gen clasp fits perfectly. As for the SEL's, I have no experience on this. But another comment about the end links, the quartz bracelet has hollow end links and the ST19 bracelet has solid end links.

When I bought it, I was told this: "orginal omega end piece OME-118ST199806 can be bought from ofrei.com for 36$ and it will fit without any mods"
I didn't need to try this because the end piece fit perfectly.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
My experience with the Alpha bracelets has been they are fairly decent quality.

I have an alpha speedmaster with a smashed glass somewhere which I kept for parts. If you're interested in the bracelet - drop me a PM!

-OW

Hey mate did you get my PM? I'm keen to buy the Alpha bracelet from you...