• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AF Cartier Tank Solo (First time buyer)

lawlepop

Horology Curious
19/10/19
This was my first purchase ever and I heard good things about Sead basically across multiple forum threads so I decided to take the risk and was happy I did.

I first start messaging Sead in early October inquiring about the Cartier Tank Solo I noticed on a few websites that the AF Tank seamed to be the best 1:1 replica to date so I asked him and he told me it was the best, better than the ZF version even which was known to be spot on. A simple PayPal payment was made on 10/18/2019 and I confirmed everything with Sead and simply asked if I could get the QC Pics whenever. The QC pics came in fast on 10/22/19 and I noticed a few things that me and others on this page saw looked off so I asked Sead if he could send additional pictures and again the crown looked damaged. Nevertheless I told Sead that if he believed there was nothing wrong with it that I would trust him and gave him the green light and asked if he could give me a tracking number as well. On 10/28/19 I received the tracking number. From here I constantly refreshed the tracking number but noticed no change for several days. Suddenly and unexpectedly the watch arrived to my home in California on 11/12/19. The packaging was insanely protective there was no way the watch could've been damaged through transit which I was surprised about. After looking under a magnifying glass the watch crown looked perfectly fine which I was really happy about.

Also the case back sticker has (May 2019) listed on it does that mean the battery is overdue for a change or is that the month and year the watch was made? Please let me know because I haven't touched the watch and its telling time very accurately so far. Finally the quality of the watch is basically indistinguishable from the real deal. I even went to an official Cartier store and couldn't tell a different at all.

I also messaged Sead after I received the watch if he could send me the smooth leather strap because I didn't like the one it came with personally its pretty good quality but the smooth leather looks better in my opinion.

e495332f39a13407664f5262f96296a6.png

Last edited:

Fastman119

10/1/19
Hi there! Looking to get this watch for a friend, what's the name of the store that Sead runs?