• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AF Cartier Tank Must - InTimeWatch Order Issues - Advice Needed, What Would You Do?

00fil00

Looking Around
5/3/22
Hi guys,

Just ordered a Cartier Tank from AF factory and hoping to get it in time for Christmas. I will try to remain objective here and remove emotion, if I'm the AH then I accept that - what are your thoughts on this scenario?

1)
I placed my order with bitcoin and received some QC images a few days later (2nd Dec). They were ok general images but not high enough resolution to be able to tell if there was dust etc. behind the glass. I asked for higher res photos. I also noticed that when you browse the internet for AF QC pics there should be protective film wrap on the metal and hologram AF branding on the back to prove that factory. These pics didn't have that and I mentioned it. I circled a few things that may have been dust to check - I couldn't tell.

2)
I get a reply (3rd Dec) saying "Yes,it is plastic protection film,I have checked this watch looks good in real life.". Now I don't know if they meant it originally had plastic film wrap and they took it off for photos, or if they were lying saying yes there is plastic wrap in the photos and that's what the defects you circled were. I also got a closer up picture of the film face but still not high resolution to check for dust. I will attach that photo here.

3)
I respond and say I am confused, as there is clearly no protection film on the watch. I then sent photos of what it looks like on google with other AF orders. I am now weary about "watch looks good in real life" as it seems they are saying anything to make the sale if they lie about plastic on it when there isnt. I also highlight another artifact on the 9 o'clock position to check as I can't see with resolution.

4) I am ghosted for 3 days. I understand I am probably being annoying but with the last statement I am paranoid of "saying anything for a sale". I follow up with an email saying "Hello, what is happening next?". They respond saying they dont understand why I care about the plastic film and if Im not happy with 9 ockock position I can request another watch from the factory.

Be honest with me, am I being an AH or are they? Would you go to a counter to buy something in a shop and they sell it to you full price without a box and without the hologram proving it's the factory you wanted when you watch everyone else in front of you in line walk away with their boxes and certificates? I just feel like my experience isn't being the same. If it arrives with hairline scratches on the metal from the postage or fingerprints then there's no return. Would you just accept this or ask for another with film and proof?

Lastly, the pictures attached are the final photos. Would you say go with it? Is it good or don't accept this and request another with film? I only notice a slight lighter area on the middle of the I on the 9 (IX) that I can't tell if it's the beveled 3D or a misprint but I don't think they will send me another photo to find out. Are these QC pics of good enough quality? I expected better and in the past had better and been able to zoom right in.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I think you are being a little difficult.

My honest response to you would be this, too.
They respond saying they dont understand why I care about the plastic film and if Im not happy with 9 ockock position I can request another watch from the factory.

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
honest response too,
the watch looks ok to me

Have you seen a Tank in real life? these things are tiny tiny

put the pic (the one where the watch is held on the fingers) on your phone, put your hand at arms length...that's what you will see in real life.

finally, you are already a bit late for Xmas now. I don't think it will reach you before.