• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on this Aqua Terra?

eldvation43

Horology Curious
11/10/11
http://www.puretimewatch.com/produc...hite-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-unitas-6498/

I have fallen in love with the XXL Aqua Terra, and I want a good rep. I also want my next watch to be brown leather, so this fits PERFECT for me. My owly question, is I have never actually seen this face/band color combination on any genuine Aqua Terras. Were these ever made in steel with a white face and brown band like this?

This is my first post here, so hello, and thank you in advance!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Very nice watch, with a reliable movement. Personally, I'd upgrade the strap to make it REALLY nice, but that's just my opinion ....

eldvation43

Horology Curious
11/10/11
Yeah I agree it does look great, especially on the video they have. My only question was if this particular dial color and band was ever produced or if this combo is unique to replicas.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
my friend , it is ur lucky day, i tried that watch yesterday at miami (aventura mall) and i tried it yesterday as well , the first time i tried the black in ss. and yesterday i tried the white one, but not that one!!! i mean the one that comes in white , has a different dial! both are very sexy !
the one i tried yesterday was this one
http://www.puretimewatch.com/produc...hite-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-unitas-6498/
i do not think that there is a gen of the one u want , i mean the same dial but in white. and i would be really worried about the dial as well , i mean the white one, couse the gen it is really white!!! not kind of white.
it is really big!! cuse it is flat and not thick, it looks bigger than a regular 49mm watch , the strap on the replica looks really bad! and not even close to the gen one, anyways the gen has a nice strap but really small for such a big face, i would change the strap and the buckle , and that watch was just out . 1 more thing , the AR on the gen its amazing , im 100% sure that the replica doesnt have suck a great AR so u would have to get it done for u

THE FIRST I TRIED WAS THIS ONE
http://www.puretimewatch.com/produc...lack-dial-on-black-leather-strap-unitas-6498/
like i said again , u couldnt tell the watch had a crystal .
i was at OMEGA STORE, and im very surprise with omega watches , they got much much much better ! they had a lot of the newer models 2011 and they look 100 times better , i think they have a better ar and more beautifull dials , i dont know wtf , but i was impressed

eldvation43

Horology Curious
11/10/11
I think I like this watch for that very reason, it is BIG. All my other watches are normal sized, but I wan a big watch with a very simple dial, and I think this is perfect for me. I wish the caseback was not clear, because the replica machining on the steel parts is not the best, but the watch still looks great.

I just wish someone could show me a picture of the original genuine watch, white dial, with brown strap. I am really hoping it exists somewhere.

PecMan

4/5/09
well i dont think that dial comes in white, did u chek omega.com??

u still have the option of the white dial with numbers , there is a gen of that one
good luck and dont forget to post pics when u buy it , for ur friend pec ;)

eldvation43

Horology Curious
11/10/11
I will for sure post pics. What did the strap look like in person? Why is this one so inaccurate?

I have seen a few different buckle version too, is the buckle in this replica legit looking?

Thanks for all your answers :)

PecMan

4/5/09
the replica strap has the same problem like the one on the tag heuer grand carrera calibre 17 , the replica is shiny, and the gen one is not shiny at all , i dont know what is it called , i mean it is like rubber texture, very nice. but 2 small.
anyways the replica strap is shit!
about the buckle, i dont remember :( lol

the logo looks different , the omega loko has happy feet on the rep and not on the gen i guess