• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ADVICE ON A PLANET OCEAN 45.5 mm THANK YOU!!

Davidscott

Horology Curious
21/4/09
Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer that sells a the most accurate Omega Planet Ocean with the Orange Leather Band? I don't know to much about replica watches and I would like some advice from those of you who have much knowledge in the subject. I would also like to thank all of you who actually read this post and reply back to it, I don't mean to sound annoying I just would like to better understand what it is I am looking for and what really matters in a replica watch.

Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Dave

b16a2

13/1/07
Have a search for something called the UPO, that's the best 45.5mm Planet Ocean. I would advise buying the asian clone version (movement that is) it's cheaper ad just as good as the Swiss and you save yourself a nice chunk of money too.

Davidscott

Horology Curious
21/4/09
Thanks too both of you..I appreciate the time taken to address my question. Hope one day I can return the favor!

OmegaPOFL

Renowned Member
10/3/09
hey! welcome dave to RWI. the UPO is a great choice of a first rep (i assume?) here's a great review by taiji viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38512&hilit=UPO+review the review actually goes into detail about the different versions. What you want is the latest which is called UPO (4th gen. planet ocean)

To my knowledge, i havent seen one around with an orange rubber strap, BUT im sure its out there.

the second review you should read is the waterproof-ness of the watch compared to other contenders viewtopic.php?f=115&t=40261&hilit=upo+review by SD4K
Another MUST READ REVIEW by BY-TOR http://www.rwg.cc/members/Review-ultima ... 18161.html

goodluck! dont forget to post pics of the watch you get ;)

Davidscott

Horology Curious
21/4/09
hey thanks for the response again..I have a few questions;

what is a upo?

and is there a dealer that anyone can recommend, id like to deal with one dealer from now on.

kimber45acp

16/3/09
UPO is the Ultimate Planet Ocean.

There's many good trusted dealers on the forum. Hont, Watcheden and Timesshop are a few of them. Check out the dealer section, read the reviews from fellow members, look at some pics of the watches bought and then decide which one is best for you.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Price is determined primarily by the movement. You don't need a highbeat. Read the reviews. Do some research. Then take your pick and enjoy. Welcome.

b16a2

13/1/07
fakemaster said:
Price is determined primarily by the movement. You don't need a highbeat. Read the reviews. Do some research. Then take your pick and enjoy. Welcome.

You do if you buy the UPO, it only comes with a 28k movement.