• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ADVICE needed on my PO 42 modding project

warakrit

Known Member
15/1/13
Just got myself a PO 42 5th gen from fellow member "madcatlancelot" with some modded (gen eta date-wheel and AR coating)

here is the spec :

- 42mm brushed/polished stainless steel case, HE valve above 10 o'clock
- Black dial with orange numbers, no happy feet logo
- Black bezel insert with a decent looking pearl
- Asian ETA 2824 clone movt with gen ETA black with white numbers datewheel, installed by Wiz
- Modded sapphire crystal, double-sided AR coating, almost clear with some purple hue, and installed by Wiz
- Very nice rep bracelet and buckle with Omega Seamaster markings, good endlink fitting to the lugs, full links included
- Very nice caseback with Omega markings, anti-counterfit globe, seamonster logo, serial number at lug

now thinking about further modding with Gen dials and Gen hands, but my PO has A2824 movement.
Therefore, I need some help and advice on this project because I'm not to sure that the Gen dial and hands can be straight swapped with the rep parts on my PO or not.

Hopefully, will do the insert mod as well coz it's still slightly off-center.

seeking for advices
thxxx

Maszie

Known Member
10/10/12
Should be no problem at all. It's a great looking rep. I can't wait to get my franken PO back from Domi.

TheCold

15/8/09
+1 No issue at all mounting gen parts onto the A2824 as its a clone of the swiss 2824 movement. My franken has a A2824 movement :)

Good luck!

warakrit

Known Member
15/1/13
Should be no problem at all. It's a great looking rep. I can't wait to get my franken PO back from Domi.

+1 No issue at all mounting gen parts onto the A2824 as its a clone of the swiss 2824 movement. My franken has a A2824 movement :)

Good luck!

Thxx guys for the advice

will order the parts and go ahead with the project :)

Do u have any idea about the bezel insert from ebay "wholesaleoutlet990"?

i want to change mine to the orange one :)

:wyliehelp:

LIBBY

Known Member
8/12/06
I'm getting a 5th gen 42mm PO soon too, where do you guys find authentic parts for the Franken treatment? Probably gonna start with dial, hands and crown..

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I'm getting a 5th gen 42mm PO soon too, where do you guys find authentic parts for the Franken treatment? Probably gonna start with dial, hands and crown..

Ofrei, cousinsuk, ebay and over rep and gen forums

D

d4m.test

Do u have any idea about the bezel insert from ebay "wholesaleoutlet990"?

i want to change mine to the orange one :)

:wyliehelp:

I didn't like the orange bezel insert from wholesaleoutlet990. It was too dark and a little small on the outside diameter. Just order the orange bezel as a part from a TD the next time you order another watch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2