• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Adjusting band on Seamaster GMT?

bTrizzy

Known Member
28/5/07
Is it possible to adjust the band without any special watch tools. Or would I be better off in going watch repair shop in the mall?

Also, would I get any get grief for bringing in a replica to get a band adjusted into a watch repair shop?

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
I found it very helpful to purchase a few inexpensive tools pretty early on once I realized I had an interest in watches. I'd recommend getting an inexpensive kit like this (replace the hxxp with http):

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/16pcs-WATCH-REPAIR- ... dZViewItem

Bringing your watches to a jewler on a regular basis to have them resized would be a hassle.

Enjoy

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
i have noticed this:

a few of these GMT omegas have come up after the crazy sale from WKB in the SALES section? Why is that? Because the bracelet does not have what the gen has: a half link.

One of my very inportant criteria when I buy a rep or a gen:

if the bracelet does not have a half link and the buckle has no holes dilled on the sides of the buckle: you are gambling that the watch may fir either too losely or too tighly.

Unless of course you wear only leather straps....

Highflyingclive

15/3/06
My SMP 300m Pro GMT from Joshua had the half-link. Bracelet was screwed, not pinned... and the screws were damn tight. But I dealt with that problem.

bTrizzy

Known Member
28/5/07
cdzsmith1 said:
I found it very helpful to purchase a few inexpensive tools pretty early on once I realized I had an interest in watches. I'd recommend getting an inexpensive kit like this (replace the hxxp with http):

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/16pcs-WATCH-REPAIR- ... dZViewItem

Bringing your watches to a jewler on a regular basis to have them resized would be a hassle.

Enjoy
I'm not really a DIY kind of guy. How much should expect to pay a watchsmith to adjust the band anyway?