• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Adding Gen parts to Reps

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Just wondering if it is possible to add a gen bezel and crown to my Seamaster. The one I have is really close to the gen, just adding these to things I think would make it even closer. Just the bracelet clasp needs to be changed and I don't think that can happen based on some threads I read.

Thanks for the info.

D

d4m.test

WOW, your opening a big can of worms here... Of course it will matter which version of which Seamaster you are talking about. But YES, the UPO and some other Seamasters can use gen tubes and crowns and bezels. BUT NOT ALL OF THEM.
Let us know which version, bought from whom and pics would help alot.
Good Luck,
T

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Not sure how to tell what one I have, but here are a few pics. Sorry for the crappy pics.

From what I can tell tell, the pearl sits a little to high and the crown does not have the beveled edge like the gen. Of course I would like to have some AR....

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

tenshin2002

3/1/09
R2D4 said:
ETA or 21J case?
If it's a 21j you're gonna need a new stem. About the case, not sure that the outside dimentions for the bezel are different between the movement versions...

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Hogan said:
Just wondering if it is possible to add a gen bezel and crown to my Seamaster.

I'm not exactly sure which model you have but I attempted this a couple years ago. I could'nt quote get the gen bezel to fit although it was very close. So I just put the gen insert on instead.

Notice how much better the teeth are on the gen bezel. Obviously gen on the left.
BezelundersideSmall.jpg

You can see the differences when you view them up close. Gen on right.
Bezelclose-up.jpg

BezelShowdown019Small.jpg