• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AD trip last night

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
So I am looking at the POs now (gone Omega crazy lately, my PAMs are pissed). I stopped into an AD last night because I noticed that they had each bezel color and size the other day when I was looking at the Seamaster Chrono. I actually wore my new Seamaster Chrono into the store too.

So I was looking at the POs, both 42mm and 45mm. The odd thing that I noticed is that the black bezel models actually look smaller than the orange bezels. The black bezel 42mm looked really small and made the Rolex Sub in the next case look huge. I thought it was kind strange. The orange bezel models looked much larger and the 45 looked much more even and well purpotioned. Has anyone else noticed this while looking at them side by side? The salesgirl even commented on it.

She also commented on my Seamaster Chrono. She noticed it when I took it off and walked over to another counter with it to clean it. She was holding it within about 4"-7" of the gen while she was cleaning it up and didn't seam to think twice about mine being real. She expressed that she was upset I didn't buy from her and told her that my wife purchased it. She asked if I got an extra year warranty like she was offereing and I told her no. She tsked me for not buying from her and handed the watch back.

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Uncle Roe is this the same shorty you were flirting with a few days ago...... he he he he :D

crick

1/8/06
i sure bet it is :D auntie Roe will be mad.

so the black bezel model 42's look smaller than the orange bezel 42's? i bet the color's have something to do with creating a larger illusion. that's interesting.

Are the 42mm reps of the PO's the same way too?

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I have a 42mm orange and I've decided to get a 45 black bezel, black white numbered one, after seeing Jos's post yesterday, they are quite close to gen I think.

Roeod4

14/3/06
crumpdaddy said:
Uncle Roe is this the same shorty you were flirting with a few days ago...... he he he he :D

Yes it was

crick0234 said:
i sure bet it is :D auntie Roe will be mad.

so the black bezel model 42's look smaller than the orange bezel 42's? i bet the color's have something to do with creating a larger illusion. that's interesting.

Are the 42mm reps of the PO's the same way too?

No Auntie Roe would not be too mad. It is just like the strip clubs, look but no touch and everything is cool. :D

I know it had to be something about the color, but I can't figure out what it is really. I don;t know about the reps, but I would imagine that they would be.

I know I am going for the 45 either way, but I really think I am going to go for the pumpkin and not the black. I guess I could always bet a black insert later and make it a 2006 model if I wanted to.

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
I agree go orange and slap a black strap with orange stitching on it !!!!!

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
Roeod4 said:
No Auntie Roe would not be too mad. It is just like the strip clubs, look but no touch and everything is cool. :D

Lol--just tell her sampling a few appetizers doesn't mean you're sitting down to a meal. :D

I think the shape & design of the watch itself make it look smaller than the orange PO; black is slimming after all. Of course, I haven't seen Al Sharpton stepping out of the tub in the morning...

crick

1/8/06
if u guys can enlighten me a bit about the PO's case size:

42mm PO... is it 42 because of the case size? the bezel is still 40mm (ala rollie sub) ?

Roeod4

14/3/06
@Crick

The case sizes are 42.5mm and 45.5mm. This is the usual measurment from 8 o'clock to 2 o'clock on the outside of the case.

As for the bezel size...not really sure about that. I think that the POs have different size everything on them. The bezel for the 45mm would have to be bigger than that of the 42mm or it would look wierd.

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
Roe,

I noticed the same thing today as I strolled into an AD. I am in the market for the PO and will definitely lean toward 45. t was truly awesome standing next to the 42.

Natron