• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Actual diving with seamaster 300 diver

theearl

Looking Around
21/4/24
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to what depth this watch is waterproof. I appreciate the comments about hand holding and agree, but I do not seem to able to find this info in the threads. Could someone just tell me where to start. Thank you

locvs

Supporter
Certified
7/12/20
Germany
Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction as to what depth this watch is waterproof. I appreciate the comments about hand holding and agree, but I do not seem to able to find this info in the threads. Could someone just tell me where to start. Thank you
You'd most likely be fine in the pool or snorkeling.

However since no Rep is tested, you'd either can test it yourself, or FUFO

theearl

Looking Around
21/4/24
Thanks. I worked out if you click on the watch it shows you the specs. They all seem rated for 50m. Wouldn't trust it though :)

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Even with the crown down and fresh from a TD I wouldn't do much more than a small from the sink etc. I wouldn't trust any of my reps without having them properly tested first, be too scared!

Reactions: Reaps

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Rep watches are not tested for water resistance, no matter what they claim. I wouldn't take the best AAAAA+ rated rep near a rain shower without having it pressure tested first. The cost for this service is minimal.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I took a number of my reps into pools and even the sea. Non had any issues...
Did you do anything to them or just straight out of the box?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
I took a number of my reps into pools and even the sea. Non had any issues...
Yes but I would not take it DIVING

Swimming in the beach and pool is no issue for reps

@OP just buy a $100 gshock to dive with.

reps are toys and should not be treated as tools, if you want a tool watch, citizen promaster diver, or gshock

who are you trying to impress down at 20m diving depth?

Reactions: Got20Mate