• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Absolute watch-noob question

MaMi_2022

Do not accept unsolicited offers
6/11/22
Hello! I'm new to the watch world and trying to do as much research as I can before ordering!

Anyone can recommend a webpage/thread in the forum that explains all the terminology?
e.g. names of different components, model numbers, and their meanings (if there's any), well, basically a wikipedia for watches!

If it helps, I'm particularly looking at Rolex now as I am set to get it as my first!

Thanks a lot for the help :)

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Sir,

This may help a little

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
My advice is to pick the watch (or watches) you visually like the look of straight away, then investigate the factory options, then choose a TD.

Take it slow, but first step, and the key step imho, is to buy what you like.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Welcome. Sounds like you need to take some time (haha) and start at the beginning - so you've posted in the right area, which is good. Read the posts here in the FAQ section: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/replica-faq.109/

@P..DR..D 's link is moderately helpful, but TBH you'll rarely come across most of the terms referred to there - mainly because the original post was compiled back in 2009.

There's no one place on the forum that will supply everything you asked about. Your best education will be to read, read, read. When you decide you want to know about something specific, then Google search for relevant words/phrases, preceded by RWI.

As you're interested mainly in Rolex, then the Rolex sub-forum is a pretty good starting point. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/rolex-tudor-replicas.153/

Again, there's no substitute for reading and learning, there aren't any magic shortcut posts, and no one is going to spoon-feed you. Everyone here started the same way.

Reactions: P..DR..D