• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A3230 service or swap?

t1m3l35

Horology Curious
12/10/21
Hey guys I am new here, just got started with my first rep a OP 36mm from EWF, I did not wanted to spend that much money at first because I am saving up to buy the gen.
However, I am a little worried about the movement on my OP now and wanted to know if someone knows where I can send it in Spain to service it or to swap the internal with a Swiss movement (cheap) that is just reliable and easy to repair.
I am planning to keep this watch after I buy the gen to just wear it daily and my gen on special occasions.

Thanks for the help.

dpd3672

Putting the "whore" in "horology" since 2023
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Any good watchmaker can service it (clean, lubricate, and regulate).

Parts replacement may or may not be an issue with that particular movement, not sure what parts are compatible with genuine parts, and gen parts may be difficult to obtain and source.

Swapping it with a Swiss movement is not hard…you can either use a gen 3230 (very expensive), or an ETA clone movement.

Personally, I wouldn’t throw a lot of money into the watch, it’s an investment you won’t get back in resale value or utility. Unless it’s broken or

Reactions: Karbon74

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Hey guys I am new here, just got started with my first rep a OP 36mm from EWF, I did not wanted to spend that much money at first because I am saving up to buy the gen.
However, I am a little worried about the movement on my OP now and wanted to know if someone knows where I can send it in Spain to service it or to swap the internal with a Swiss movement (cheap) that is just reliable and easy to repair.
I am planning to keep this watch after I buy the gen to just wear it daily and my gen on special occasions.

Thanks for the help.
why are you worried about the movement?
anything wrong?

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
don't spend your money in advance

wear it as long as it works and don't worry about it.
Indeed it's not the best movement to have, but not every one of them fails

if and when it fails, you can ask one of the watchmakers to replace it.