• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A2836/HZ6460 GMT Clone date slips

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
My favorite go-to when it comes to GMT watches.

But, I find myself having an issue when I transfer the datewheel with its overlay from the old movement to the new one. I do not take the DWO off the datewheel to keep it in its already perfect position. The date flips perfectly at night but if I move the crown or maybe do some rapid movement, the date just sags up or down.

Anyone procedure or thing I might be missing? I am feeling it is the spring on the dial-side at 9 not engaging correctly.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I've had the date thingamaggigy assembly get fouled on me before and I have replaced the spring piece at 9 and the actual date change gear thingy that grabs the teeth of the DW with parts from the boneyard of broken down 2836s i have.

But it may also just be out of place, when you put your DWs on are you just depressing the spring and slipping it over? I used to do it that way, but I've found that unscrewing said spring thingy at 9 and putting the date wheel on first then gingerly moving the spring into place and screwing it down works everytime to get it seated.

Reactions: mclarendude

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
But it may also just be out of place, when you put your DWs on are you just depressing the spring and slipping it over? I used to do it that way, but I've found that unscrewing said spring thingy at 9 and putting the date wheel on first then gingerly moving the spring into place and screwing it down works everytime to get it seated.
I'm going to try this cuz I read it on another thread too. I normally did the whole depress thing.

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I'm going to try this cuz I read it on another thread too. I normally did the whole depress thing.
This is another option too, classic video I always come across, same deal but with the other side, putting it on spring side first and then slipping the "knife" of big cover plate and manipulating its screw around the DW.

@3:50

mclarendude

Legendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
This is another option too, classic video I always come across, same deal but with the other side, putting it on spring side first and then slipping the "knife" of big cover plate and manipulating its screw around the DW.

@3:50
Interesting.

I just did the the date spring at 9 and it worked perfectly. But this is a good seconds.

Thank you!

Reactions: ward1991

ward1991

Luminor-Based
Patron
Certified
24/7/13
I'm glad you got it sorted out! Thank you for the greens sir. Have a good night!

Last edited:
Reactions: mclarendude