• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A2824 vs. DG4813 (hi beat)

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
Guys,

I'm looking at getting a PO, and I was comparing the two movements. I've only had ETAs or clone ETAs in the past for my "good" reps. I've head about some 21j movements being "high beat", but never had them. The few that I've had, I felt that I really noticed the difference between the 8 beats/sec (ETAs and clones) vs. the 6 beats/sec of the 21j. Somehow I really noticed the smoothness.

So...since this PO is offered with the "high beat" 21j movement...how does it compare with the ETA/clone ETA? I've noticed that in some cases the overall quality of the watch (on account of the dial, hands being different) was better on the ETA versions (esp. true in some Rolexes).

Is this the case here? Do the movements really beat the same, and is the overall quality of the dial/hands/overall watch really the same between these two?

I'm really just trying to gauge whether the huge price jump is worth it in this case. If it was your standard 21j, I'd be all over the ETA/clone. However this is more splitting hairs, I think.

Also, why does the DG4813 on Ofrei show 21.6k, while Josh's site shows 28.8k for the DG4813?

Thanks for all the help!

grejyedi

29/12/11
I think the quality of the case etc is the same. Mine is a 4813 from trevor.

However the movememt is 5mins fast a day which I have not yet sorted and I ahve read on other threads that other peoples watches are similarly fast.

As I really like the watch nextif I had to live agian I would get the A386.

TdvVr.jpg

greg325i

Renowned Member
29/4/10
That is awesome feedback, and just the kind I was hoping to get. Keep it coming guys! I think I'm leaning toward the ETA clone, as I've had a lot of them, and they are great (generally). Why mess with what you know works, right?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The 2824 clone should hold it's value a bit better.
And if you decide to keep it, you would wish you bought the more expensive one.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
And if you decide to keep it, you would wish you bought the more expensive one.

I can attest to that. I went with the 4813 since I was new to this method of rep buying and wanted to test the waters with something less expensive. Now I'm going to have to buy another PO when I could have used that money to buy a rep I don't already have. Get the 2824.