• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A1 service

aphresh

I'm Unknown!!
28/7/23
Virginia
So let me first start this off with a background story:

I bought a "Franken" 116610 from discord that claimed to have a gen crown, date wheel, and crystal. This was purchased in July 2023, almost a year ago. The parts were installed by an RWI member, who I won't mention.

Servicing:

I inquired Trevor about adding a gen dial and hands as well as doing a tightness test for it. Trevor said I was able to ship out the watch instantly and he would start work on the watch. There was a misunderstanding on my part because I assumed he had the parts and he assumed I was shipping the parts, lol. Rather than calling me an idiot and shipping the watch back, he stated he could still help me with the service. He's a busy man so I know this took extra time to fit into his schedule.

During disassembly, Trevor stated my sub looked fishy. After careful observation, he was able to determine the crown and datewheel were reps and NOT gen. The only thing gen was the crystal. I contacted the discord group to tell them and reach out to the seller and RWI member who worked on the watch. The Discord mods stated that the seller provided all receipts for the work done and the parts came from a "reliable" source. No action was taken and instead I was told, "well you still got the watch for a decent price. a DW is only $60." Lame excuse from a mod.

Trevor also went to bat for me in the discord group which I think any customer would appreciate. He obviously struck a chord with them because he was instantly banned for the group. That's top-notch service! lol

Review: 10/10

Between the short-notice appointment, to sourcing a gen dial and hands, AS WELL AS sourcing a new crown and date wheel (since the original were reps), AND going to bat for me in the discord, this man's service is top-notch.

Reactions: samsoniteman