• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A whole new meaning to the term "Water Hazard"

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
That's hilarious. I wonder if it was washed in by all of the flooding, or if someone put it there as a lark.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I have seen lizards and small gators in the lakes. When I lose my ball I grab another one. F that mess !

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
First time I played in FL, 20 years ago, I hit a drive that was sublime. 275 yards, a slight draw...watched it hit the ground, take 1 bounce and hit the big fallen-over tree trunk by the left side of the fairway, which promptly turned and slithered into the creek.
For the rest of the round I didn't even bother looking for any errant shots.

Up until now, I thought that was the worst hazard possible on the links. But sharks in the water hazard? That's hard core.

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
bmw???? mods please bann ! that impostor! he thinks we dont know the real bm ! how dare u!!! now u people will ask , how did pec realized that is not the real bm??
well becouse of his coments! the real bm used to make really smart comments and very interesting ones!
but this one only talks and comment shit!
for the memory of bmw lets take him down!!

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
lol Pec's right (did I really just say that?).

Who are you and what have you done with the REAL BMW760? ;)

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
i remember bmw had more than 1 super avenger , now hes got a thread of his collection where he only shows 1!!! wtf! something smells really bad here !
one sec.... ... omg its me ill be back . ... go to shower

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
bmw???? mods please bann ! that impostor! he thinks we dont know the real bm ! how dare u!!! now u people will ask , how did pec realized that is not the real bm??
well becouse of his coments! the real bm used to make really smart comments and very interesting ones!
but this one only talks and comment shit!
for the memory of bmw lets take him down!!

i remember bmw had more than 1 super avenger , now hes got a thread of his collection where he only shows 1!!! wtf! something smells really bad here !
one sec.... ... omg its me ill be back . ... go to shower

LOL... Pecs, you are a funny... lumpy man. :D

Wish I could play golf. I suck at it. Just an excuse to drink beer for me.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Carbrook is just "down the road" from me (well, 200k or so) and I can assure you those fellas have been there for quite some time, near 15 years in fact. They were washed in during a flood in the early 90s and have been happy as larry ever since. There are plenty of Silver Perch and other fish in that lake for them to feed on and it's a big lake. They have adapted well to the fresh water and are thriving. How many clubs have pet sharks?

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Sorry, I hijacked... :lolcina:

My original question, before I swerved to meet Pecman's monologue was whether or not a shark that size could adapt to freshwater. Glaringly obvious after fifteen years but it struck me as unusual, to say the least. Cool they've allowed the shark to stay there.

Question answered, thanks Col..

Doe's the mascot have a name?

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Carbrook is just "down the road" from me (well, 200k or so) and I can assure you those fellas have been there for quite some time, near 15 years in fact. They were washed in during a flood in the early 90s and have been happy as larry ever since. There are plenty of Silver Perch and other fish in that lake for them to feed on and it's a big lake. They have adapted well to the fresh water and are thriving. How many clubs have pet sharks?

Most dangerous i ever met on golf course here in europe was a snake in portugal, but this...Jesus. Don´t know if i ever again can look for a ball in water hazard again without thinking of this...Pussy me:facepalm: