• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Seamaster question (link to pics of the watch posted)

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
I started talking with my boss about watches today, and he showed me his Seamaster. I didn't get a good look at it, but it was supposed to be a limited edition, and now I'm wondering if there's a replica of it :) He said it was in white gold and also titanium (although he didn't say which parts), and looked pretty much like this:

picture.JPG

..except that it said "Seamaster" instead of "America's Cup". I don't remember seeing anything engraved on the back either. Does anyone know what this is, and has there ever been a replica of it?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
That America's Cup Seamaster is limited to 9999 pieces sold. The bracelet is made of Stainless Steel and only the bezel is white gold. The second hand should retail for ~U$1500 man size. Omega released a non America's Cup version, not limited edition, different bracelet (Speedy style). Mine is model number 2236.50.00 midsize. So far, I have never seen any good rep of this model (phew~~).

p10100264fb.jpg

jrtiger75

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/4/06
Nice looking watch, I have never seen an Omega like this

Any dealers out there lets source this puppy

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Eddie Lee has a genuine SMP Chrono in rose gold, AC version for sale. IMHO, if you have the $$$, it's a bargain at that price (U$3000+).

PS: It's not easy to do the bezel (non glued like the genuine). White gold plating anyone?

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
takashi said:
Mine is model number 2236.50.00 midsize. So far, I have never seen any good rep of this model (phew~~).

Is that dial actually darker, or is it just the photo? Because except for that, it looks pretty much like the one I saw. Although I don't think it was midsize. It was previously owned by an Omega dealer who'd used it for a short while and wanted $2500 for it.

There really should be a replica of that :)

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
Ok, I got a bit more info on the watch. It's a limited edition commemorating Omega's 150th anniversary (is that right?). Limited edition as in 1854 pieces made, I believe. It says "Titanium edition" on the side, meaning on each side of the crown. The back has the same pattern as the dial, with a smaller seamonster in the middle and "Titanium edition x/1854" or something like that engraved around the edge. The dial itself is in grey, underneath "Seamaster" it says "Titanium edition".

I have to say, after having had a closer look at it, it looks incredible.

lucky7999

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/4/06
Re: Nice looking watch, I have never seen an Omega like this

jrtiger75 said:
Any dealers out there lets source this puppy

This is a great looking watch - any ideas where this can be obtained?

Saw two different gens, both 2nd hand, close to $2Gs...Rather have the rep and keep the money in the kids college fund...