• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A really weird Gen situation

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Does anyone want to guess why there seems to be NO interest in this watch? It is listed for sale on several different watch forums, with no replies.

sea2.jpg

The seller seems to be legit, and the description seems to be accurate:

"Here is an Omega Seamaster Professional Automatic with the blue wave dial. Watch is in excellent condition and is 95%+. Watch comes with outer and inner boxes, ops booklet, warranty card, and original sales receipt from the AD. The watch was purchased in 06/06 according to the receipt. There are no dings or dents and the case and crystal are 100%. The bracelet has been given a brushed finish overall and looks like new. Please excuse the lint on the crystal.
"

I REALLY want to pull the trigger on this, but it just seems odd. :?

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Boy JB that looks like the real deal to my eyes. I mean he's got all the goods including a receipt. I just hate buying expensive things on-line without know who I'm buying from.

Sean K

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
The only thing that I can come up with is that the bracelet has been brushed, when the narrow portion of the links and the sides should be polished.

I’m pretty sure that any jeweler can fix this.

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
How much was it listed for!

I would probably say that $ 1000 to $ 1200 would be reasonable.

But I think to refinish the entire bracelet on this type of gen omega is a no no on the light side. I recently bought one of these myself (2255.80), I changed the "speedy" style bracelet for a "bond" style. Looks much better!

crick

1/8/06
No interest? that IS very weird. i dont know enoguh about this particular seamaster electric blue dial :(

online buys from someone with no one interested in it scares me.

RNav

27/6/07
I see JB sent payment on this badboy. Nice. He beat me to it :wink:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
JB, My basement has a couch and a plasma if you get kicked out of the house buddy. :D

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Nice get, jb!

You'll have to bring it with you when we meet up next week.

8)

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
I may need a couch, because I haven't told her about this one yet. :oops: I'm hoping that D4M will put me up, because this is all his fault. He called me yesterday morning as I had my finger on the PP button, thinking whether or not I should do it. Of course, all I got from him was, "Just pust the button!" :lol:

I'm going to try to keep the new Omega and the Oris Titan I picked up only a month ago. That means some others are going to have to go in a hurry.

Can anyone say, "Complete Fiddy package?" :cry: