• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A proud new owner of a gen omega

dan_j

5/11/10
This past monday was officially the last day I could call myself a student. I convocated from University of Toronto with a HBSc degree. What made this day extra special was the fact that I finally became an owner of a gen Omega! My parents surprised me with a Quartz Omega Seamaster Pro 2221.80. Although it's the first quartz I've owned in sometime, I absolutely love it. I've always loved the blue and I actually like the fact that it's extremely accurate and I don't have to worry about winding it. While I have owned and modded a countless number of PO's...my first love was always the SMP. But of course none of the reps were accurate enough for me (especially the bezel colour) so I've always thought I'll buy myself a gen when I can afford one when I "grow up". But to have the watch on my wrist right now...and with such sentimental value...I'm absolutely overjoyed.

A couple of pictures:
image.jpg

image1.jpg

Now here's an interesting thing. The bezel insert is misaligned! Well I can't say I was surprised given it's a fairly common problem with gen Omega bezels. I was a little disappointed but I nevertheless couldn't stop staring at how beautiful it is. I'll be making a visit to the Omega Service Centre tomrw as I've heard it's a quick fix they can take care of free of charge. Wish me luck.

Daniel

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Congrats on the graduation. Nice watch too ;)

D

d4m.test

CONGRATS, dan, on both of your achievements. Great honors to you and that nice-looking watch!

dave

Chris v.

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/12
Congrats, and funny thing is my gen omega I used to own same model and everything had a misaligned insert as well.

Sent from my IPhone 4

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Congratulations mate, you must be very proud and it sounds like you're well deserving of such a fine gift. Shame about the quartz though ;)

Nice Mercedes too by the way. Yours too?

dan_j

5/11/10
Thanks guys I appreciate all the nice comments.

Nice Mercedes too by the way. Yours too?

Hah no it's my parents' car. I figured I'd jump in the drivers seat to snap a photo and pretend to be rich for a few mins lol

Daniel

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Dan,

Congrats on your grad and a great watch indeed. I bought a quartz right after Omega announced they were cutting off the quartz SMP myself...

Sure a chronometer would be great, but the quartz you got is still a GEN SMP and you can put it down without having to worry about resetting the date and time. Don't forget to put it in the watchbox, your other reps still need love too!

olworthers

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/07
Congratulations on both the watch and graduation!

Like Om3ga_guy I bit the bullet and bought a gen SMP quartz when I heard the were discontinuing it. Wearing it right now and love it!!

-OW

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Thanks guys I appreciate all the nice comments.

Hah no it's my parents' car. I figured I'd jump in the drivers seat to snap a photo and pretend to be rich for a few mins lol

Daniel

Ah good good, then my jealousy subsides! Hahahaha jokes man, congrats all the way. :)

tagman26

2/1/11
Congrats. I have the Sam watch and you will not be disappointed. It wears very well.

dan_j

5/11/10
Congrats on your grad and a great watch indeed. I bought a quartz right after Omega announced they were cutting off the quartz SMP myself...
]

Thanks K, and yeah I was very disappointed to hear they're discontinuing it. The new SMP is very different and in my opinion too flashy for a diver/tool watch.

Thanks guys!!

Just an update. I took the watch to the service centre re: mis-alignment of the bezel insert and the second hand. They were very nice and they have a pretty cool setting where you can see all the watchmakers at work. I'll snap a few pics when I pick up the watch.

I still find it funny that even gen omegas have mis-alignment issues though..

Daniel