• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Pilot's Watch (Navitimer?)

oquabili

Looking Around
2/5/19
Hi everyone, my name is Sheik and I'm super new to the replica watch world and RWI itself. I bought one replica from Andrew @ Trusty Time (I thought it was a trusted dealer following the r/reptime sticky guide) and had a horrible experience. I purchased a Ref. 5227 Patek Phillippe Calatrava and received the watch with a broken and an improperly sized rotor. So when I wear it, the rotor is either spinning around and scratching the fake plate covering the movement, breaking off gears from the vibration, or it's fallen off the hinge and sitting to one side of the watch rendering it a mechanical (non-automatic) watch. So what I'm getting at is that, I want to get it right this time (luckily I used the calatrava as a test run so I'm not too bitter about the experience).

FYI I did contact Andrew but he's only offering a repair not a credit, and I don't trust these calatravas enough to waste the money on shipping for a "repair" especially considering I had a watchmaker fix the rotor and it fell off again in less than a week.

ANYWAY...

So the reason I actually started looking into replica watches comes from flying. Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to fly, and my cousin took me up on his Cirrus once and I've been dreaming of learning ever since then. Well I'm happy to say I've been fortunate enough to reach a point in my life where I can actually afford flight school (lol) and I'll be going on my check ride soon to officially receive my private pilot certification!!

As part of my ground school, I learned to use slide rules and my instructor actually uses a Navitimer to do some quick calculations when we're plotting out our cross country flights. I'm wondering now is if there's a NWBIG replica watch (not necessarily navitimer) with a slide rule that's actually usable and reliable enough for me to do some rough calculations in the air.

Particularly, I've been looking at the Navitimer World by BP Factory but I've seen some complaints saying that using the Slide Rule causes some serious issues. What is everyone's thoughts about this? Am I out of my league here in the replica watch world? Should I just buy a real Navitimer or is there a way for me to save my money (I'd rather buy a plane than a navitimer LOL).

Slide Ruler

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/19
Texas
Get an E6B for the cockpit.

I love the Navitimer 01, haven't found a decent rep 1st class or super rep though.
Lately I've been looking at the circular slide rule offings from Aviation and Caliper Timepieces.