• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Little Break from Planet Oceans

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
I just bought my first rep! I have always loved the Omega Seamaster 300m and came across a good deal on an older version "Bond" model. The watch itself is ok for the money. The lume is terrible, the stem is a little tricky, and the pearl is off. However, it has a very nice weight and "feel" to it on my wrist that I really enjoy. So far it is at about +1 second a day which has impressed me since it has the Asian 21j movement. Its safe to assume that I am going to get addicted to this hobby (Already ordered a PAM 111 Noob). I am currently trying to decide if it is worth sending this off to get superlumed....

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
What has this got anything to do with PO? I am sorry if you meant SMP.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

conger

Horology Curious
21/5/11
I think his title indicates that this thread is about something other than planet oceans, hence the seamaster.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
That looks like an older 'closed' factory case I think? ..Better crown guards and He above 50. If it is they are good models to franken as the case would be an improvement on most. used Gen dials/bezel can be found cheaply it you search, would need a 2824 though.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
That looks like an older 'closed' factory case I think? ..Better crown guards and He above 50. If it is they are good models to franken as the case would be an improvement on most. used Gen dials/bezel can be found cheaply it you search, would need a 2824 though.

The pearl and the date window though are pretty bad. Maybe an a21j model?

Ace0nBase

Supporter
15/6/13
Yep you're right pap, looks like an older wbk or narikka a21j model. Not the old closed factory.

So with that being the case (not the old closed factory version), I am assuming that this would not be a good watch to franken? Also, from what I have read the 2824 and a21j are not the same dimensions so I couldnt fit the gen dial and hands anyways, unless I am mistaken.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
So with that being the case (not the old closed factory version), I am assuming that this would not be a good watch to franken? Also, from what I have read the 2824 and a21j are not the same dimensions so I couldnt fit the gen dial and hands anyways, unless I am mistaken.

That is correct. Unless you are in mood for extra modding. For sure on the movement holder, dial hands and maybe case...

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
I think his title indicates that this thread is about something other than planet oceans, hence the seamaster.

I understand now. Thanks.
Ps. I feel like dumbass.

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk