• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$88 Omega De Ville from WE

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I know there are MANY inaccuracies on this timepiece but I thought it might be helpful to place the two pics side-by-side, seeing as Watcheden has just advertised it for $88 on special.

For the money, I think it is a nice looking thing in its own right, especially for anyone wishing to enjoy a retro/vintage look.

88Buck_Omega_DeVille.jpg

For anyone wanting to enjoy an in-depth review, click away

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/72727-toads-preview-omega-deville-hour-vision/page__st__40

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I'd be nice if they put a bit more effort into these, probably just not popular enough, nice looking dress watches!

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I stand by my comments in other threads ... anyone who 'could' make a watch in the first place, 'could' make a perfect copy. They mustn't want to due to the convoluted Chinese copying laws.

Though of course, in the case of this timepiece, short of copying an entire movement it would be impossible to 100% replicate.

Personally, I'd hate to be a rep. manufacturer - relentless requests for new models and constant threat of litigation - better them than me

:D

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep absolutely, it's strange some of the approaches they take, always keeping things a little bit off from accurate, i guess this is the convoluted copying laws etc.

They could do a very good job on something like this if they wanted to, now they'd never replicate the 8500 perfectly as you said, but they could decorate a sellita (like they do for the constellations) and put a bit of effort into the dial....then it would be a superb rep.

Yeah I guess the requests are constant and then they have to weigh up what is better to market. I would've just liked a decent new teak dial AT rep even but we will never see one of those either. It's all PAM this and PAM that now and hublot this etc :D ....they certainly put the effort into those PAM's and HB's though...amazing what a bit of demand can make them achieve ;)