• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6th generation Omega PO 42.5mm ultimate?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I heard around for a while but waited a couple or few weeks before posting about it. Anyway, anyone hear anything about an updated version? I heard there's a new one out or coming out with optional ETA clone 2836-2 and a lower profile pearl as well as maybe a few other changes like a smaller He crown. I have looked on these forums and haven't seen any thread mentioning it so I guess we can start here.

The current 5th Generation is pretty good and it looks like the watch factory learned from all of the Omega Ploprof blunders. Glad I held off on buying that one. The watch imho is pure hype. But anyway back on topic...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
If they address the pearl and HEV, what else is left? :thinking:

Glimmer

15/5/10
Thought the new version just came out? Hope it's true but I can't see it happening this fast, if it does I'll be happy that I did'nt pick up the current one ;P

omegazzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/09
and the 3 and 9 o clock indices....and the saffire coating

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
If they address the pearl and HEV, what else is left? :thinking:

Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean on clasp perhaps? ;) I mean, unless I am mistaken it is not a 45mm UPO ;) *cough*told ya to keep the 4th gen*cough*cough* :)

But don't get me wrong guys. I like mine, I mean maybe not as much as I like Jessica Alba's ass in Q5's sig, but it is a good watch. I heard the 2836-2 is already obtainable through puretime I think it was. I'm not sure the difference of the watch though.

luckyman

Horology Curious
26/1/07
Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean on clasp perhaps? ;) I mean, unless I am mistaken it is not a 45mm UPO ;) *cough*told ya to keep the 4th gen*cough*cough* :)

But don't get me wrong guys. I like mine, I mean maybe not as much as I like Jessica Alba's ass in Q5's sig, but it is a good watch. I heard the 2836-2 is already obtainable through puretime I think it was. I'm not sure the difference of the watch though.

The current 42mm PO gens do have the "Omega Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean" engraving on the clasp. If only the rep makers would listen to us with our suggestions. The flaws on the current PO are so subtle yet so annoying. Built from genuine sample my ass. :p

IMHO these are the areas where in they can improve.
- Pearl should not be as raised as it is. Should be same level as the insert. Also they should raise position of the pearl slightly
- The printing on the dial and datewheel should be white and not silver.
- Smaller HE valve and crown. The UPO and 4th gen got them right, how they screwed this one is beyond me
- Correct Omega logo. The ones use in the current ploprof is great. The one on the 5th gen looks like a horseshoe.
- Also double side AR like the current Breitling reps.
- Correct endlinks.

I personally want the PO to be perfect as possible out of the box. I don't want to mod a rep to get it as accurate as possible if it will cost me at least half of the price of a used gen PO.

Fortis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/12/10
Are you talking about the blue AR? Because gens do have blue AR

Not sure about the 45mm´s but my new gen 42mm has a muted grey-greenish tint to the ar. very good, as it does it´s job without being too visible. I have seen pictures of older 42mm´s that were very blue in the tint, but I think they may have changed the ar. :)

MAC

Horology Curious
23/8/10
I heard around for a while but waited a couple or few weeks before posting about it. Anyway, anyone hear anything about an updated version? I heard there's a new one out or coming out with optional ETA clone 2836-2 and a lower profile pearl as well as maybe a few other changes like a smaller He crown. I have looked on these forums and haven't seen any thread mentioning it so I guess we can start here.

The current 5th Generation is pretty good and it looks like the watch factory learned from all of the Omega Ploprof blunders. Glad I held off on buying that one. The watch imho is pure hype. But anyway back on topic...

Dude, where do you heard that? I really don't think so. The new PO version is kind of new and too it's soon to have an updated version released. Don't get me wrong, i really would hope this will be true, but i really doubt it!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would not think they would produce a ton 5V's and then put out a 6V so soon.
How would the sell the 5V's?

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Q5 how long did it take them to make changes to the Ploprof? maybe I am mistaken in how long it takes another version to come out. However I heard rumors already a little bit but haven't seen anything pan out.

Imho the current V5 is fine. Kinda surprised I'm not wearing it today but I have to choose something :p so many nice watches..

I would not think they would produce a ton 5V's and then put out a 6V so soon.
How would the sell the 5V's?

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Which will happen first? V6 PO or Amp upgrades to VIP? :thinking:

:whistle:

:p

Draper

Horology Curious
13/1/11
Another question is, why would they improve in some areas (ex: happy feet) but get the HE valve and crown wrong? literally makes no sense.

luckyman

Horology Curious
26/1/07
Q5 how long did it take them to make changes to the Ploprof? maybe I am mistaken in how long it takes another version to come out. However I heard rumors already a little bit but haven't seen anything pan out.

Imho the current V5 is fine. Kinda surprised I'm not wearing it today but I have to choose something :p so many nice watches..

Where did you hear these "rumors"?