• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6538 submariner 2mm end pieces

weldergeoff

Do not accept unsolicited offers
6/10/23
Hi members
today I re drilled the lugs on my Raffles 6538 case to accept 2mm spring bar, I ordered 280 end pieces from Raffles that accept the 2mm spring bars to fit on the Raffles riveted bracelet. The problem I’m having is that now I’ve installed them on the bracelet and fitted it to the watch case the fit is very sloppy, I don’t mind a bit of play with the fit (it’s in keeping with a 60 odd years old watch ) but it’s just too much for my liking. Does anyone have any advice on getting the fit a little better or have I ordered the wrong end pieces for this case. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m at a loss about modding them without causing any damage.

tbandy

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/6/21
USA
I used to have an old Genuine Submariner with 2.0mm spring bars, one day I decided to replace the end links cuz one of them broke off
My end pieces were marked 593, I bought it at ebay, here is the link : https://www.ebay.com/itm/164147216191?

geoffdragon

Supporter
Certified
18/5/21
Uk
You could try bending this part of your existing endlink inwards a little so it "grips" the underside of the lug more.

Reactions: kidcreole