• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5GPO End links Have Been Fixed

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The early versions of the 5th Generation PO had the "952" stamped upside down.

Early Version (April 2011)
omegaPlanetOcean42mm-28.jpg

Newest version from Hont
ui2ik6f62932713viewattth1364fff3c86-2.jpg

Gen bracelet on my Fr4GPO
IMAG1680-1.jpg

Gen
$%28KGrHqVHJBME9reu+sMiBP,6oo5%28nQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
wow quite surprised theyd be making alterations to the UPO (or 5GPO to be precise) although im pleased!!

ordering a 5GPO when all this raid business settles down so thanks for the update Q!

btw do you know of any other improvements theyre making? i.e. any to the head itself?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I think they have made the HEV shorter. I'll update when my order arrives from Hont. I just received his QC pics.

I don't know what the UPO end links look like.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
sooooo.......with these refinements being made, should this latest version be known as the 5.5.5 ??????

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
We will see. It gets confusing to the noobs when the dealers label their models "Ultimate". We know that to mean 45.5. But they won't listen. Reminds me of trksh-bzr. :spank:

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
I think they have made the HEV shorter. I'll update when my order arrives from Hont. I just received his QC pics.

I don't know what the UPO end links look like.

interesting..... makes buying from hont more attractive as now i wont *have* to buy a gen HE value :lol:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I think they fixed that issue a while ago around mid/end summer last year sometime(don't quote me on that though ;)),...right about the time the He valves went a little south and some came out with domed crown, it also coincided with them changing the dial logo to a less nicely 'cut' version. They've rectified the He issue and domed crown issue, the bracelet stamping seems to be one they forgot to uncorrect :D which is good, but they've also kept the poorly cut dial logo so we can't win :D

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Looking forward to youe review on the 5GPO when u get it Q5. Am thinking of getting one too after trying it at the AD.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
I think they fixed that issue a while ago around mid/end summer last year sometime(don't quote me on that though ;)),...right about the time the He valves went a little south and some came out with domed crown, it also coincided with them changing the dial logo to a less nicely 'cut' version. They've rectified the He issue and domed crown issue, the bracelet stamping seems to be one they forgot to uncorrect :D which is good, but they've also kept the poorly cut dial logo so we can't win :D

+1

That's what I got from Trevor, so I have a v5 all along, thanks q5/drbollocko! I've just sent the 42mm PO to one of our resident modder, maybe I should reconsider having gen parts in it. :D

DSC_5052_001.jpg

DSC_5054_001.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Hey mad gato! It's all your fault. Those pics drove me nuts for a day and a night. I could not resist. :lol:

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
de nada :D

Hmmm now you got me thinking... I've sent the PO for AR coating but if this is the v5 would it be better if I just go gen crystal?

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
de nada :D

Hmmm now you got me thinking... I've sent the PO for AR coating but if this is the v5 would it be better if I just go gen crystal?

gen crystal is real real pricey though!!!! theyr around £160 here in the UK from cousins :/

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Ugh, that expensive? Ofrei sells the gen 42mm PO crystal for around USD180+.

Thanks, I'll stick with the AR coating job for this. :D

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
That looks lovely madcatlancelot, great pics and a lovely pearl. I saw a recent 'budget' franken with a double ar job and relumed, looked amazing, the lume still lacked slightly against the gen but the crystal looked lovely with a nice golden tint to the ar, made it look different but equally gorgeous to gen ar crystal. Not sure the gen crystal is worth the price but it certainly pops the dial!

+1

That's what I got from Trevor, so I have a v5 all along, thanks q5/drbollocko! I've just sent the 42mm PO to one of our resident modder, maybe I should reconsider having gen parts in it. :D

DSC_5052_001.jpg

DSC_5054_001.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

Here is what drbollocko is talking about. QC pics from last October.

Low HEV...
58167840.jpg

Domed crown ...
58167840.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yep that's exactly the one Q5, good example pics, you're right it was around last october these came on the scene. Good thing they didn't last too long, they seem to be obsolete now.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Not obsolete in the Member Sales Section. I saw one of these go for $230 about a month ago. Poor noob ........ :(

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Ouch, oh yeah, forgot about the sale section, they would do ok at a discount if they were just for the purpose of wearing out of the box, but someone would get a bit of a shock if they intended doing a franken, and discovered just how far south that He is from where it should be! Poor buyer!

There shoulda been a recall from the factories on these :D