• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5 gen PO 42mm

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Hello today i found a brand new omega calibre 2500C with black date wheel. And I thougt now im going to make a crazy franken.

First i wanted the PO 45.5mm but as i read posts in the omega selection i found out that the gen 5 PO 42mm is better for many reason like dial hands and caseback.

I allredy have a gen clasp and crown to the PO 42mm wich other parts should i aim to get first? Sadly i sold a gen bezel yesterday don't knowing i was going to get the movement toady... :(

So my questions about the gen 5 PO 42mm orange no. black bezel from trevor is:

He have 3 movement options ($135, $188 and $268)
is all the same inside and outside? or is the cheapest A4813 different in the movement holder and stem hight?

Also does any of this three options have the magnetic cover as the ultimate PO 42 mm at PT? Or is the more expensive PT ultimate a better option for fitting the movement?

Omega-2010-12-22-01-06_enl.jpg

As i don't need the movement at all i want to go as cheap as possible.
Like this:
http://www.trwatch.com/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=638

So many questions...

Thanks

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
What I can tell from that is the crown and tube is to low and need to be closer to the dial to compensate for less movement thickness. Also what I heard the gen tube have larger diameter and that's make room to change the position up 0.2-0.5 mm or something. The thing I'm most curious to know is about if there are a magnetic cover on the 135$ cheapy. And if it's a good base for a franken other parts except movement.

Sent from iPhone

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
I'm affraid the magnetic covers on rep are not actually made of anti-magnetic material.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
5 gen PO 42 on its way from Trevor qc pictures looked good exept the no. 2 in 20 minute writing on the bezel that have slightly wrong angle i accepted anyway cause I'm going to change it. As I sold my gen bezel I will try to find a gen again and also a gen dial with orange numbers...

On its way are also gen hands, crown, tube, HE valve from different sources. The en clasp and movement i allready got.

If I don't find a way to mod the case (heavy mod) to fit the gen 2500C movement I will buy a gen case only 630£ at cousinsuk when I got the founds.. If thats the case the watch head will be built of 100% genuine parts. And I will have more fun collecting the parts and building the watch than buy a genuine from the beginning.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Today I milled the spacer ring from the A21j movement I took away 0.50 mm on the dial side and also milled the backside 1.20 mm wider and down 0.15 mm under the mounting tabs slot to fit a Swiss antimagnetic cover between the spacer and caseback, the knob in center press the AM cover down in the spacer by the caseback. The Omega 2500 movement fits perfectly and the stem aligns with the tube hole perfectly. The whole mod on the spacer took about 20 min.

And now I just have to fill, drill and thread the case to fit the gen tube and crown and my PO is readdy.

bild3filtered.jpg

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Excellent work santre, a milling machine is very handy. It looks great and fair play for persisting with it. Where did you get the 2500c?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Today I milled the spacer ring from the A21j movement I took away 0.50 mm on the dial side and also milled the backside 1.20 mm wider and down 0.15 mm under the mounting tabs slot to fit a Swiss antimagnetic cover between the spacer and caseback, the knob in center press the AM cover down in the spacer by the caseback. The Omega 2500 movement fits perfectly and the stem aligns with the tube hole perfectly. The whole mod on the spacer took about 20 min.

And now I just have to fill, drill and thread the case to fit the gen tube and crown and my PO is readdy.

bild3filtered.jpg

wow!!!! i hope you took more pics of that... I really want to see more details :popcorn:

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Excellent work santre, a milling machine is very handy. It looks great and fair play for persisting with it. Where did you get the 2500c?

I got the 2500c on ebay. Today i mod the rep tube and gen tube to align with the stem. The gen tube was rethread with M2.3 and the rep tube was shaved off and internal thread with M2.3. More pics to come. :)

bild5ae.jpg

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
New franken mod my 2:nd PO 42

So I got my 2nd gen 5 PO 42. This time with the orange bezel.

I could not source a Omega 2500 movement this time so I got a modded ETA 2892 with omega 3220 rotor and serial engraved bridges all nickle plated with high finish.

The first I did was to customize the movement holder from the A21j movement. This movement holder I mod little further than the first one by milling away material and this time also ad a nice finish, circular polish and nickle plated it.

This result in a perfect fit for ETA 2892 or Orginal Omega 2500 movement.
The stem will center in the tube and the DW will not be sunken.
This mod is done with the A21j version, and I dont know if it will work on the clone 2824 and swiss 2824 versions of this watch as i think they are to expensive to use as the base for a franken when the movement of the rep wont be used.

First pic:
photo06032013200710filt.jpg

Note the bearing center of the rotor is nice brushed steel. not the pressed polished steel that often is used in A2892.

Further with this project.

I have modded the case drilled to fit and install a gen HE valve. Also a gen crown and tube is installed the hard way hole filled drilled and re-treaded to fit gen tube, not only epoxy.

The bezel is modded on the inside gears firm and smoother clicks. gen clickspring.

A sunnydale crystal with gen gasket is installed and makes the rep dial and gen hands look so much better than with the rep. crystal.

The bracelet have modded endlinks to follow the case profile better and look more like gen endlinks. the clasp is 80% gen repaired with rep clasp tubes and rep "mushroom head" part.

photo06032013195907filt.jpg

More pictures when the project is finished! And if I know myself right this will soon be for sale to found another project so eyes open in the sale section ;)

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
I have the tube to go with my crown now for this. Is the rep tube bigger than the gen?

Is it a right pain in the arse as I probably won't bother if it is... I don't want to send it to Wiz for a couple of months for a cheap 4813 rep. I was thinking about getting a sunnydale crystal, but if it looks too hard I won't bother.

Unless you want to sell me yours?