• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4813 or 2813

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
I ordered a watch from a TD that was suppose to have the high beat 4813 movement in it, but upon arriving, the sweep seemed more like a low beat movement. So I threw it on my phone's timegrapher app, which has accurately got the beat count on all my other reps, both high and low beat, and it showed approx 21,000 bph.

So I opened it up to look at the movement and to me it looks like a standard 2813, but I am not very good with movements. Looking at the TD picture of the watch with the case back removed, I for sure don't have what they have pictured as the rotor isn't engraved, but that isn't a big deal to me (see below):

TD pictures from listing:

Watch I received:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yes it looks to be a std 2813 you got there, if you look at Trevors pic (the lower one), the 4813 has a lot smaller balance wheel on it, see how most of it is visible, the 2813 balance wheel is larger and alot of it is hidden

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Yes it looks to be a std 2813 you got there, if you look at Trevors pic (the lower one), the 4813 has a lot smaller balance wheel on it, see how most of it is visible, the 2813 balance wheel is larger and alot of it is hidden

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I have sent him an email to see what he says. I should have just went with the ETA 2824, but I figured, hey its a high beat movement it will be awesome for the price. Live and learn, it is still a nice feeling watch, just sucks that I had to figure out I got the wrong movement on my own. I don't know if Trevor uses a timegrapher during QC so he may not have even known.