• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4813 movement 28800bph on PO?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yes it does, its very new, identical casing and finish to the ETA version but has a asian 21j high beat movement in it instead...and is cheaper accordingly. Generally DG4813 movements are the bigger brother of the usual low beat DG2813 and are pretty reliable. Opinions vary on this, its a crap shoot but it is pretty much a crap shoot with eta aswell. If you get a good a21j it can last many many years and is very reliable.

Cant go wrong with josh on pc by the way, one of the best...not too sure if this forum approves of him?? but is the biggest of all dealers around and will QC for you.

refer to this thread:

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/12626...rrived-added-gen-comparison-pics/page__st__40

bravo9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/10
i agree..had 4 watches from josh and had no problem whatsoever. accommodating guy he is.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
One thing I would like to add to this convo.

They claim same case set? Well it's probably very similar but I bet from a different factory. Quality will be different. You get what you pay for.

Still I think it's an awesome alternative.

Cheers. :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
One thing I would like to add to this convo.

They claim same case set? Well it's probably very similar but I bet from a different factory. Quality will be different. You get what you pay for.

Still I think it's an awesome alternative.

Cheers. :)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Actually initial reports from buyers buying both, and josh himself have confirmed that it is identical to the ETA and from the same factory. I wouldn't swear with a gun to my head on anything unless I saw both types myself but tbh I don't think josh would have much to gain on this by spoofing....
....especially with such a high profile watch that is going to be dissected and analysed with loupes of varying magnification in the various fora over the coming months. Wouldn't be in his best business interests to be spoofing especially on this particular watch.

shirazi_r

Renowned Member
12/10/10
Wow, that seems like a decent deal. At that price I don't think you'll find anything better. The POrikaa is a good alternative but lacks the 4813. I'd say try it out and let us know how you like it.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
looks good. I may have to pick up a black.

manolo

Known Member
2/11/10
the same as ETA for 100$ less .....:rofl:

I know that's chrismas....:lol2:

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
i think i have a po with a 4813. i got it from t4d for about 100bucks. its very nice, a small crack developed in the crystal but its really not a big deal, also my dogs may have played a role in it. over all i am floored at the quality you get for a hundred bucks. i would buy it, i like the po a bunch after wearing it for a few months i may buy the new better one. its a nice watch. i am not kind to my watches (hence the rep buying) and this one is holding up fine...so don't worry about that 4813 it seems fine and sweeps pretty well too

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Manolo, it was said that the case and bracelet and finish is the same as the ETA version watch. Not the movement, the movement is Asian21J. A high beat DG4813. It may be reliable it may not be. Thats the risk you take. You also take a risk with ETA as often they are reconditioned or older ETA so there is also a risk of them breaking before they should. The ETA version is 100$ more. You pay this extra for the ETA movement in it not the casing.
Probably best to wait now until the xmas period is over to confirm 100% same casing but by all account so far it is....confirmed on other fora etc.

manolo

Known Member
2/11/10
thanks drlbollocko for your clear explains.
Now i understand that you had explain.

Bradu2010

Known Member
4/11/10
Does anyone know if this movement can be interchanged with a DG2813 with no modifications? I have heard reports of both yes and no and would like some clarification.

robbyrne2

Horology Curious
25/12/10
I just ordered the 4813 from Josh so will post the QC photo's when I get them

ck6459

11/9/10
Please let us know the quality when you received it so we can decide which one is more worthy. Thank you.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Does anyone know if this movement can be interchanged with a DG2813 with no modifications? I have heard reports of both yes and no and would like some clarification.

There may be cannon pinion issues with exchanging for the lower beat 2813, (hands may not be perfect fit and need slight mod!) cant confirm though yet but I'm sure we'll know for certain in due course. Usually the norm is to go in reverse and go high beat when a 2813 craps out. Why not just buy a straight DG4813 when/if it craps out and just do a straight swap for high beat....these are available very cheaply from ofrei or cousinsuk.

There are excellent pics here of the DG4813. You can be in no doubt it is identical to the ETA/Asian 2824 cased version:

http://www.rwgforum.com/topic/12671...4813-mvmt/page__st__20__p__924622#entry924622

Will still be nice to see your QC pics though....;)

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
hands may be too short, make sure you get the high cannon pin version

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I've replaced a 2813 with a 4813 in an old Noob Sub case and it was an easy direct swap, hands and all. The 4813 is a little taller movement but it didn't seem to make any difference as long as you use the dial spacer that comes with the movement.

Bradu2010

Known Member
4/11/10
hands may be too short, make sure you get the high cannon pin version

I am looking at changing from a 2813 to the 4813 actually, not the other way around. I wanted to know if that would directly work. Where can you purchase a high cannon pin version? Is that what is offered at ofrei?