• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4813 gains 5 mins a day

grejyedi

29/12/11
I discovered that my new PO 42mm with the 4813 gains five minutes a day. Not too helpful with a watch reputed for crown tube stripping.

The first time I thought I had set the watch wrongly but no it does this fast.

I'm assuming this is to much to regulate?

I also read that the replacement 4813 from Cousins and Offrie do not have a canon pin that is high enough?

Is that true.

This is from a TD who does not send timegrapher pictures so I guess there is a lesson there.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
The 4813s from Cousins and Ofrei need the tall canon pin for use in Rolex reps, because of the Rolex date wheel overlay. Since the Omega doesn't use an overlay, those will probably work.

Far as I know it hasn't been tried yet though.

I think you should try to find a local watch guy with a timegrapher and see if it can be regulated.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
Have you tried the old faithful...>>

"Brisk palm slap" gambit yet...???
Sometimes a hairspring can get somewhat fouled on itself, and often a couple of brisk slaps on your palm holding the watch by the bracelet will untangle the problem...
I have, over the several years I've been prowling around repdom, offered this advice a fewl times, and each time somebody finds that it works!!
Certainly worth a try!!!:popcorn::popcorn:

grejyedi

29/12/11
Thanks

I think it might be magnetized as it affects a compass quite markedly but if demagnetization does not work I will try your suggestion.