• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45mm Ultimate PO on its way and a modding question!

gbutterworth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/5/09
Yep, another 45mm UPO buyer! A couple of QC pics below, although I have already given the thumbs up so I hope I haven't missed something obvious. There are a couple of minor marks (e.g. between 23/24 minute markers) but have been assured that it is perfect with no blemishes). I think it looks pretty good anyway and I guess that's what counts. I have big wrists as well so hopefully I will be able to carry it off well.

I love this watch and therefore I am sure it will be heading off to Smidsy for a service, then onto a bit of modding I think. It seems like much more fun when you make a project of it.

I will have a look around the forum to see what mods can be done on these, but if anyone has modding successes they want to share with me on their UPO, I would love to hear from you.

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
Nice watch. I would add lume and fix the pearl or replace the bezel

WashedUpRealityTvStar

8/3/11
Yep, another 45mm UPO buyer! A couple of QC pics below, although I have already given the thumbs up so I hope I haven't missed something obvious. There are a couple of minor marks (e.g. between 23/24 minute markers) but have been assured that it is perfect with no blemishes). I think it looks pretty good anyway and I guess that's what counts. I have big wrists as well so hopefully I will be able to carry it off well.

I love this watch and therefore I am sure it will be heading off to Smidsy for a service, then onto a bit of modding I think. It seems like much more fun when you make a project of it.

I will have a look around the forum to see what mods can be done on these, but if anyone has modding successes they want to share with me on their UPO, I would love to hear from you.

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

I sent mine to PBdad for Lume and AR.

dan_j

5/11/10
Yeah I would say double AR really improves the watch. I'm waiting for a crystal from Fine_DD.

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
on this beauty you can do a lot of Mod...
Just check the thread on my Hyper Francken UPO and you'll see you can really transform you UPO to a nice (and expensive :) ) Franken

automatics

4/11/10
if you don't mind spending a bit more.
the a gen dial might make a difference.
the 6/9/12 - are missing the serifs on the end.
but of course quite microscopic.

you would then not have the lume issue to resolve.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
...And who did you buy it from???

Helps us moheads make decisions, don't ya' know. ;)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The Gen dial is the way to go. You can always flip it and make most of your money back.

mikeyp

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/11
You mention smidsy ? Is he UK based and a watchmaker ? Looking to maybe get mine serviced

Great looking watch BTW

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

gbutterworth

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/5/09
Got the watch from Silix. Anyway, just been in Gibraltar, very tempting with loads of jewellers and big named brands all tax free (got me drooling a bit). I think that first off though I will go for a gen bezel because looking at a direct comparison, the biggest tell I can see is the pearl, very different to the original, and then a gen dial. Thanks to all for the ideas, now to start hunting around.

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
Yes you 're right but if you go to gen dial just add few $$ and add the hands ... the lume of gen hands is much better than rep. Bezel + dial + hands + AR on saphir or gen saphir is the minimum for this Po which deserve it !

gbutterworth

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/5/09
Well I blame Q5 and Inushuk mostly (thanks to you both), but my wallet is now £250 lighter!

I've taken the plunge and have ordered gen dial, hands and datewheel for my 45mm UPO. I've heard so much about how great the lume is on the gen dial/hands I can't wait to see it with my own eyes.

I guess that the next stage is gen crystal, crown and dealing with the pearl. I'm sure you guys will encourage me to spend plenty more!

Will post pics when it's done.