• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45mm PO Orange Bezel Rep vs Gen Photos

toasternz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/12
Just to give a little back to the community. After asking a month back if the rep orange was close to the gen and getting a lot of mixed answers, I took the plunge, purchased a gen insert and put it on my watch.

For those interested, the 'shade' of orange is really different:

pocomp1.jpg

pocomp2.jpg

Gen insert on the left.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Nice, yep those gen bezels are expensive but have some nice subtle little differences compared to rep, I still don't know if the expense is justifiable, it's just that those little differences eat away at you and make you eventually get the gen bezel :)

tesmith2112

Supporter
3/5/10
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. That is surprising that's it's so far off.

bigbangtheory

Renowned Member
1/6/08
Wow!! I went to the Omega AD ( took off my 5th generation PO with orange bezel before goin in of course) and it really didnt see that much difference.... weird

dan_j

5/11/10
Oh yeah 45 orange PO is way off...but 42 orange is very close in colour

Daniel

nycreplica

Renowned Member
14/1/11
The bezel swap is supposedly very difficult, but its also a waste as the bezel is basically the same as the rep, just put a gen insert on the rep bezel as I did.... job done!

When you say insert. i'm assuming you mean the pearl & triangle?
Is there a way to buy the insert only?

D

d4m.test

When you say insert. i'm assuming you mean the pearl & triangle?
Is there a way to buy the insert only?

41sbiXF2YPL._SX385_.jpg

That's the insert by itself, without the stainless steel bezel underneath it. It's a 3rd party insert from amazon.

I don't think you can "officially" by the insert by itself, as ADs and Omega only sell the complete bezel/insert combo. The only way is to find an end user or unofficial dealer that can sell the gen insert on its own. There are people that sell "aftermarket" or "third party" inserts, but from what I've ready those are basically the same as rep inserts.