• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45mm Planet Ocean - - waterproofing

stcinc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/10
I just ordered Narikaa's "Famous Planet Ocean Deal", Orange, 45mm and and Orange strap to really set it off!
I cant wait to get it!

Since I work around the water, I'm thinking of sending it out to make sure it will at least take a dunk in case I go for an un-intentional swim.

Anyone have any thoughts on getting this done, and what success I might look forward to getting?? :beatahorse:

Do ya think it will be able to survive a shower and maybe a swim???? :thinking:

Thanks!
Sean

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Sean, as long as the seals are properly greased and the case back is tight, you should have no worries. You will want to get the HE valve epoxied to prevent any leakage there.

ornganblu

Horology Curious
26/4/10
Sean,

I actually puchased one of this from Reg a couple of weeks ago. I have not been able to leave a post as I have been traveling. However, I have gone swimming and showered with mine and had no problems. I know this may not be the case 100 % of the time, but I have not had any issues.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Like the posts above say mate, have the seals greased and the watch tested and it will be fine. Should set you back about 30 bucks at a mall watch booth.

Col.

stcinc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/10
Thanks to all- I'm going to have it serviced (grease and test) as soon as I can. It might be a expensive watch, but regardless it will still be taken well care of.

Also going to look into having the 'HE' valve sealed with epoxy.

Now if it would only get here!!!!