• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45mm 8500 Pumpkin arrived, rotor doesn't turn, pearl problems

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
First, sorry for the terrible pics, I just had to take some quick snaps with my camera at work.

Overall, it looks good, as everyone knows by now, the 45's have single AR which leaves something to be desired.

My big problem is that the rotor doesn't move. I haven't opened the back since the only case opening tools I have are specific to Panerai. If anyone can provide some insight as to what I should do it would be appreciated.

The pearl on my is pretty bad. Sits very high, not in the middle of the triangle, and it is very crooked.

I suppose I might have to send this off for service because of the movement problem, so maybe I can get the pearl improved at the same time. Suggestions for service/modding would also be appreciated (I've got 3 watches in the queue for Speedy G already, so maybe I'll send it to him).

83e92097-a11d-4fa0-810c-e2dd983db2f7_zpsfaf0e44d.jpg

085a372c-b2a4-4ab2-9d86-6068ff43931f_zps1d062d71.jpg

omega_003_zpsea196198.jpg

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Omega logo is angled, date wheel is not centered, date window even more off center. Most of the hours markers are off center too.
Where did you buy it, mate???

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
Sorry, but if you're trying to pick those details out via the crappy photos I posted you are mistaken to do so. The logo is not angled, the date window is fine, and the bezel is a click off of 12 o'clock position.

DMS

Renowned Member
31/12/09
Doesn't look as bad as mentioned by Luthier imo, indeed the Omega logo seems a little tilted but the rest looks fine...

Maybe a screw from the movement ring is in the way of the rotor. Try opening the back and check if the three screws are all screwed in tight (enough).

About the pearl, getting it centered in the triangle won't be possible. But there are some solutions to get is seated properly. Check my thread about the CrPO bezel mod :)

Good luck mate, and remember; it is a REP afterall, it did not cost ya USD 5000....

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
I'm perfectly content with it provided I get get the movement working! It's a very nice rep. Love the weight and general overall quality. I've got a gen 300M Chrono so I've got a good point of reference.

Getting the pearl properly seated would be nice too. I know the position can't be helped for now. I've seen your thread and I commend you! I'm worried about damaging the insert, and feel better letting the pros handle that kinda thing :)

In the long run I'm hoping someone else plays guinea pig and finds out if a gen bezel insert works on this. That and an AR treatment and I'd be truly ecstatic.

(edit: slightly better pics as posted in CrPO main thread)
IMG_2518_zps027b6ffa.jpg

IMG_2521_zpsbf39f674.jpg

IMG_2526_zpscc9fe1d2.jpg

IMG_2523_zps024fa3a8.jpg