• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45 into 42 does go.

Hyster

29/7/06
Hi all,

I have been looking for a 42mm PO dial for one of my watches after finding out one night that drinking and reluming dont mix.

Why do these things seem like a great idea when you had a few?

I tried a few dealers and kept an eye on the members market, nothing.

So I gave up........

No, not really, I contacted Silix and got him to send me his 45mm dial with the flat feet.

I got it tonight and after comparing it to the 42mm dial I decided that it was really close to fitting,..... if it was trimmed.

I used a movement holder to cover the dial and use as a template, the movement holder fitted inside the case perfectly so I knew that was the diameter I was looking for.

The holder protected the dial from swarf as I kack handedly hacked away with my dremel.

Anyway here are the money shots, sorry they are not the greatest but I thought they might be of some interest to a fellow watch butcher.

By the way, noobs take note, I have wrecked many watches, if you want to play be prepared to throw it away!

( :blush: Should be my moto)

100_0789.jpg

100_0787.jpg

100_0776.jpg

100_0780.jpg

100_0773.jpg

100_0775.jpg

100_0765.jpg

I've had a bit of a fart about with the pearl, relumed it and relumed the hands.

AR from the one and only K2222, if you have not sent him something, do it.

I am happy with it because I can wear it again but what do you guys think?

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Looks real good, you did a very nice job and I like your warning to noobs as its soooooooooooo true.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Wow, I'm really impressed with it! Very innovative of you :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The Hyster Meister strikes again! Good job Hyster. I know you can make a pearl. :wink: