• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45.5mm UPO SEL's loose?

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Anyone else notice the SEL's sit too high and is loose?

What might be a way to fix this?

(Solid End Links, where they mount to the watch head)

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Can you post a picture of yours?

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Can you post a picture of yours?

Didn't think of that, doh...... It's more noticeable by the movement than the position. So a pic might not show what I am on about. However a 1mm gap exists between the SEL and the watch case, and the pin holes seem a little too close to the top.

I've started stripping it already. Will try to put one on once the movement is out.....

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Here they are, both ends. I see others have the same issue, so perhaps I am just fussy. But it's not as good as gen, that's for sure.

Now to work out a way to fix it.....

dan_j

5/11/10
Sometimes that happens as a result of using spring bars that are too thin. Try using thicker spring bars or put some tape around the spring bars so that they fit in the end links without much space.

Daniel

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Nope, it's got the fatties in there already. Already thought of that!

moochtar

Horology Curious
1/10/09
I don`t own a UPO, but I have a lite version, and chrono quartz. Both have SEL, and both are tight.

If you look at the under side, there should be "ears" to each link, who cover a small part of the under-side of the watch. Using a clamp should tighten them.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Nice tip! That will take out most of the movement.

Now I have noticed that the SEL is higher on one side than the other, but that's reps for you!

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would think that if you bend too much, you could snap one of the "ears" off. 0.o

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Yep, and one is only paper thin so I think I might re-drill to 1.975mm to take a more rigid fat bar.

But that's just me, way to fussy.....