• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

45.5mm UPO - No Anticounterfeit Logo?

automatics

4/11/10
Hi folks,

Question - I've noticed that the recent 45.5mm UPOs I've seen do not have the Anti-Counterfeit logo on the Caseback.

I know the 42mm higher grade reps have them.
Have the 45.5mm ones ever had them?

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
You mean that globe thing? If so, I've got a 45.5 mm happy-feet, and it doesn't have it :(

Planning to get a gen caseback.

automatics

4/11/10
You mean that globe thing? If so, I've got a 45.5 mm happy-feet, and it doesn't have it :(

Planning to get a gen caseback.

yep the globe thing... as seen here.
to the right of OCEAN & south of the Hippocamus Tail.
(pic borrowed from the net)

DSCF3050.jpg

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
here is the gen case back I put on my Franken UPO

20110328191208.jpg

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
dont worry!!!i had seen original PO 45mm that dont have!!!but many original last days that they have!!!!maybe some guys know better!!!!!

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Yeah, some older POs didn't have the logo. Just like the old POs have blue AR. There are so many variations of the gen that it makes it hard for a novice to tell anymore. One great thing about them. :)

automatics

4/11/10
:D Appreciate the input.

That's the truth isn't it, we fuss so much over ONE version of a particular watch. When in reality multiple versions of the same watch do actually appear over the course of history. Rendering the versions we have in hand, more visually accurate than we give them credit for.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Yep, as said already, this is a recent addition, Omega appear to be phasing it in on all their models. My Seamaster Pro Chrono has it. Not sure how it's anti-counterfeiting, it seems extremely easy to counterfeit lol!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
yep the globe thing... as seen here.
to the right of OCEAN & south of the Hippocamus Tail.
(pic borrowed from the net)

DSCF3050.jpg

What Seiko is that? It has the Diver's emblem on a snapback case and no CGs. Very interesting.

Col

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thank you sir! Saves me sending the pic to PS so I can read the model number. I thought someone would know :) I'll go looky for some pics now. It looks like an interesting Seiko.

EDIT: :facepalm: Yeah, of case it's an interesting Seiko :) Never seen one from the back before. This is one of the few Seiko divers I haven't had in for work/overhaul.

automatics

4/11/10
Thank you sir! Saves me sending the pic to PS so I can read the model number. I thought someone would know :) I'll go looky for some pics now. It looks like an interesting Seiko.

EDIT: :facepalm: Yeah, of case it's an interesting Seiko :) Never seen one from the back before. This is one of the few Seiko divers I haven't had in for work/overhaul.

Just for you TB :)

The thread where it originated from.
With plenty of side-by-side pics.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/seiko-marinemaste-sbdx001-omega-planet-ocean-42mm-331393.html

DSCF3046.jpg

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
^That seiko's beautiful!!! I want to get my hands on one at some point.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
Good lord that seiko is ugly. Like circus ugly. 7th generation inbreeding ugly.

YMMV. Apparently boostin likes it :p