• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

43 - 50 - 68 Caliber Guns (Airsoft) Self Defense

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
As US folks know here in Europe we have a much strict rules for owning a firearm even if it is for self defense purposes only.

We don’t have much choices for self defense , one of them being the “big” caliber airsoft guns - rifles - pistols - revolvers which are legally

Do you buy / own such?

Recently I have bought two of these toys, one pistol 43 cal and another one revolver 50 cal

Umarex Smith and Wesson m p9 2.0 t4e cal.43

Umarex NXG- PS100 cal.50 (replacement of HDR 50)

Will post photos later but was curious if anyone owns / use these or similar
I know US members have real deal so asking just for those who for various reasons are using these type of “weapons” for fun or self defense.
There are some mods out there especially for 50 cal that can make them quite scary for the one who stands on the wrong part of the barrel.

Last edited:

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Photos as promised
Both with laser aiming devices, one has flashlight & laser (on the .50 cal)

Rubber & steel balls
2 magazine for S&W
3 magazines for NXG

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Hi mate,

I think you take a serious gamble if you consider these fun/toy/training pistols as self defense tools...

Sure, they are fun to play with in the garden and I have some too but when it matters I will open another box.
I do like them a lot for training purpose.

Another thing, If you put on a laser light, you transform these 'toys' in an illegal weapon and you will be in a lot of trouble when you pis on the wrong tree.
I live in Belgium and I know already 2 persons that are excluded by law to attend airsoft games and competition because of this.

On the other hand, have fun with them and be carefull.

Cheers!

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
Hi, thanks for the input.

I guess they can inflict some pain if needed just enough to give you that extra advantage in the needed case.

Don’t have the other box as it is quite hard here to get the real deal and I don’t want to own one as I think that will get you in bigger troubles.

Didn’t know about the lasers, good to know.
They do help actually :)

Want to get them out in the woods and do some training with them.

The .50 cal can be pushed to more than 20J with some kit

Anyway fun toys to have, thanks again for sharing your thoughts

Cheers!

BrownT

Looking Around
1/11/22
As US folks know here in Europe we have a much strict rules for owning a firearm even if it is for self defense purposes only.

We don’t have much choices for self defense , one of them being the “big” caliber airsoft guns - rifles - pistols - revolvers which are legally

Do you buy / own such?

Recently I have bought two of these toys, one pistol 43 cal and another one revolver 50 cal

Umarex Smith and Wesson m p9 2.0 t4e cal.43

Umarex NXG- PS100 cal.50 (replacement of HDR 50)

Will post photos later but was curious if anyone owns / use these or similar
I know US members have real deal so asking just for those who for various reasons are using these type of “weapons” for fun or self defense.
There are some mods out there especially for 50 cal that can make them quite scary for the one who stands on the wrong part of the barrel.

Hi, thanks for the input.

I guess they can inflict some pain if needed just enough to give you that extra advantage in the needed case.

Don’t have the other box as it is quite hard here to get the real deal and I don’t want to own one as I think that will get you in bigger troubles.

Didn’t know about the lasers, good to know.
They do help actually :)

Want to get them out in the woods and do some training with them.

The .50 cal can be pushed to more than 20J with some kit

Anyway fun toys to have, thanks again for sharing your thoughts
In the end of the day, even stuff like 380 ACP considered as "not enough stopping power" by some experience folks( most people recommend at least 9mm or 45 ACP https://gritrsports.com/shooting/firearms/pistols/45-acp/ ). So what would an airsoft do...
Sadly, I'm with Bart on this. It can maybe distract someone and give you a chance of escaping, but it definitely won't be a self-defense tool worth relying on heavily. You rather have something like pepper spray than this in my opinion.

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
This is not the case all around Europe. In Portugal it's illegal to buy/own unless you are a member of an airsoft club and even then you have to paint the barrel and the grip of the gun/rifle/pistol with (i think) bright yellow. If you don't do that, it's considered a weapon and you'll be in a lot of trouble. Having said that, I guess it could be the type of thing you have around the house and maybe show it or even use it if someone comes to your door and tries to get in, since you don't need to get close to your opponent, but I would rather choose a lot of other options if I was in that situation...

Reactions: BrownT