• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm V5 PO Movement Issue

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Hi all,

I bought a 42mm V5 PO for my brother-in-law in November and it has been nothing but trouble! The latest issue it has come back for me to look at is that the tube unscrewed with the crown and then got cross threaded...

I've fixed this but cannot get the movement to re-start (I have wound it, given it a good shaking and even a couple of precision whacks). The stem is really stiff and often compresses the spring into the crown rather than moving between time, date and the wind position, however, with the movement out of the watch I can positively engage each postition and move the hands, change the date and wind the spring.

What doesn't happen is anything when I push the stem all the way in!

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the keyless works and the hack lever is stuck in the 'hack' position, is this possible? My next move is to strip the keyless works, reassemble and hope the balance wheel magically starts moving.

If this fails, and no one here can recommend a magic fix, I'll go down the route of a new movement I suppose. It is the asian clone movement, presumably a 2836? Does anyone know what one costs?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice!

Alex

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
5th gen 42mm PO should have came with a 2824-2.
Does it wind, set the date and time ??
I'm no mvt expert but it could be a keyless issue if it's not not setting date and time.
Clutch lever (if that's what that little arm that sits in that little groove in that little toothed gear like couple is called) breaking or comming out of the groove and prevemnting hacking I've heard of (and have had happen to me) but causing it to stick "hacked"......I dunno...I've nevr heard of that happening but I guess it's possible. Perhaps send a messege to member "Rick914" regarding this. He'll know exactly what it is and what it takes to fix. :)

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
Time and date set perfectly, and the movement seems to wind using the crown.

I'm hoping the clutch lever is stuck as it ran fine before but the stem has always been difficult to engage properly, kind of needs a 'bump' to get it between time, date and wind...

I'll drop Rick a PM, thanks for the tip.

If anyone has 2824 up for grabs in the UK, please let me know.